By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311

Is there an option like "I still have it on its envelope"?
I just bought it on my way to my job... And my job takes 28 days on an oil rig soo... :(

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

I am not close

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Yeah the naming of places and sites reference like, everything from basically every other Zelda game. Pretty neat.

Anyway screw that d*mn golfing shrine. I got to the old Sheikah okay enough, but that bonus chest part is just impossible. The target's like a hundred meters away, and this time you need to hole-in-one it because there's nothing to aid you, just the bowl with the hole. Which I did seven times. No not just in the bowl, but I shot the ball right in the middle of the hole it needs to go seven times. But everytime it just bounces out, and it doesn't count. Broke all my weapons, plus the two hammers you get in this shrine, and I still don't have anything to show for it.

The Triforce itself better be in that chest...

mZuzek said:
Beat it a couple of days ago.

Wasn't a big fan of the ending (especially the hugely disappointing final boss), but Hyrule Castle as a whole was still phenomenal.

Yeah, I feel like bosses in the game weren't pretty good generally. It's probably my main con with BOTW, with some framerate dips. I still think it's probably my GOAT though. There are so many awesome things about this game, that the cons are totally overshadowed by the rest of it.

RolStoppable said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, I feel like bosses in the game weren't pretty good generally. It's probably my main con with BOTW, with some framerate dips. I still think it's probably my GOAT though. There are so many awesome things about this game, that the cons are totally overshadowed by the rest of it.

I thought the bosses were better than in any previous 3D Zelda. They've been too often like a puzzle in the past, but in BotW it's first and foremost about the strength of your equipment, dodging and hacking away. Felt a lot like classic Zelda.

You're right about that. I think it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer more "puzzle" bosses, but the structure of one item - one dungeon helped to do that. In this game it'd be hard to accomplish. I'd gladly sacrifice that for what we've got finally with this game, that's for sure. And I can't deny that they're more in line with the game, more freedom to take them down in whatever way you want. But I have more fun with puzzle bosses tbh.

On another topic, there are something that is giving me... kind of a headache. After finishing the game, exploring the hell out Hyrule, playing over 60 hours to the game (yep, I'm unemployed XD)... I have a 20% completion rate. So, you know, I felt so... immersed in this world (never in my entire gaming life I was so addicted to Hyrule) that I want to know all the secrets and stuff the game still has to offer. The problem is, the world is so vast and huge that... I really don't know if it's possible to do that on my own. I did a 5 hours playthrough today to see if I could find more secrets, shrines, more side quests to do but I'm now kind of stuck. And I know there's a hell lot more. So, my problem is that I feel like cheating with a guide. But that would kind of ruin the freedom of the game. I have to think about that on my sleep XD. 

Around the Network

I'm 41 shrines in, and one divine beast. I also need to step up my Korok game (9/600).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around ~35hrs.

Only almost finished the first dungeon.

Around 25 shrines and like 90 seeds or so.

I love this game. It's pretty hard!

Hours ago a Lynel kicked my ass but I beat it 😎

Have explored or unlocked like 3-4 regions aside of the Great Plateau.

Central Hyrule Tower has been activated but that area is dangerous to me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
Volterra_90 said:

You're right about that. I think it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer more "puzzle" bosses, but the structure of one item - one dungeon helped to do that. In this game it'd be hard to accomplish. I'd gladly sacrifice that for what we've got finally with this game, that's for sure. And I can't deny that they're more in line with the game, more freedom to take them down in whatever way you want. But I have more fun with puzzle bosses tbh.

On another topic, there are something that is giving me... kind of a headache. After finishing the game, exploring the hell out Hyrule, playing over 60 hours to the game (yep, I'm unemployed XD)... I have a 20% completion rate. So, you know, I felt so... immersed in this world (never in my entire gaming life I was so addicted to Hyrule) that I want to know all the secrets and stuff the game still has to offer. The problem is, the world is so vast and huge that... I really don't know if it's possible to do that on my own. I did a 5 hours playthrough today to see if I could find more secrets, shrines, more side quests to do but I'm now kind of stuck. And I know there's a hell lot more. So, my problem is that I feel like cheating with a guide. But that would kind of ruin the freedom of the game. I have to think about that on my sleep XD. 

At only 20% there's still plenty of stuff you'll be able to find on your own. Found Koroks are displayed on the map at the closest zoom level, so it's possible to look for areas where you've hardly explored anything yet.

Azuren said:
I'm 41 shrines in, and one divine beast. I also need to step up my Korok game (9/600).

Are there really 600? I must have missed quite a few ways to find them, but I can't imagine that there's more to it than lifting rocks and obvious objects/arrangements of objects in the environment.

Regardless, a single Korok adds 0.0825% to the completion percentage, so that gives me at least somewhat of an idea where all the percent could come from. 600 Koroks would amount to ~50%.

I remember reading somewhere in the past days that there are around 900 korok seeds, but you only need like 440 to expand the inventory.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Azuren said:

Pavolink said:

Around 25 shrines and like 90 seeds or so.

Two kinds of people

Is there a way to trigger the blood moon? I've been sitting at this spot for a riddle for a while that has to do with the blood moon. I have advanced the time with the campfire for about 3 full cycles of the moon already and nothing. Went out in the rain (since campfires don't work in the rain ugh) came back, advanced the time again, nothing.

It's nice watching the moon come up yet this is getting a bit pointless. And now my meteor rod is in critical condition from relighting the fire over and over doh! They do break. I've had 5 or 6 blood moons so far during my play time, now it won't happen when I'm waiting for one. And I thought the wait for a specific time of the day ones were annoying. (They're actually very cool, yet some way to advance time by the hour would be welcome)