By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

I remember reading somewhere in the past days that there are around 900 korok seeds, but you only need like 440 to expand the inventory.

And where are all these Koroks supposed to be? Even at "only" 600, the population density has to be much higher than what I have stumbled upon.

Dunno.

I remember now. It was leaked in the official guide before release.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
numberwang said:
Azuren said:
I'm 41 shrines in, and one divine beast. I also need to step up my Korok game (9/600).

Pavolink said:

Around 25 shrines and like 90 seeds or so.

Two kinds of people

Yes. I love to go to the top of the mountains or just open the map to explore everything.

At my third dungeon (Rito) now. After this I am going to focus on sidequests and getting a certain sword. 

I'm at 16 heart containers, two full stamina circles, 65 shrines completed, 98 Korok nuts, two Divine Beasts tamed (Ruta and Medoh), 9 memories unlocked, and I got the Master Sword. I've got the entire map unlocked, and I also found four Great Fairies Springs, as well as the Springs of Power, Wisdom and Courage which I complete their related [Dragon] quests.

I'm currently on my way to tame Rudania.

RolStoppable said:
Volterra_90 said:

You're right about that. I think it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer more "puzzle" bosses, but the structure of one item - one dungeon helped to do that. In this game it'd be hard to accomplish. I'd gladly sacrifice that for what we've got finally with this game, that's for sure. And I can't deny that they're more in line with the game, more freedom to take them down in whatever way you want. But I have more fun with puzzle bosses tbh.

On another topic, there are something that is giving me... kind of a headache. After finishing the game, exploring the hell out Hyrule, playing over 60 hours to the game (yep, I'm unemployed XD)... I have a 20% completion rate. So, you know, I felt so... immersed in this world (never in my entire gaming life I was so addicted to Hyrule) that I want to know all the secrets and stuff the game still has to offer. The problem is, the world is so vast and huge that... I really don't know if it's possible to do that on my own. I did a 5 hours playthrough today to see if I could find more secrets, shrines, more side quests to do but I'm now kind of stuck. And I know there's a hell lot more. So, my problem is that I feel like cheating with a guide. But that would kind of ruin the freedom of the game. I have to think about that on my sleep XD. 

At only 20% there's still plenty of stuff you'll be able to find on your own. Found Koroks are displayed on the map at the closest zoom level, so it's possible to look for areas where you've hardly explored anything yet.

Azuren said:
I'm 41 shrines in, and one divine beast. I also need to step up my Korok game (9/600).

Are there really 600? I must have missed quite a few ways to find them, but I can't imagine that there's more to it than lifting rocks and obvious objects/arrangements of objects in the environment.

Regardless, a single Korok adds 0.0825% to the completion percentage, so that gives me at least somewhat of an idea where all the percent could come from. 600 Koroks would amount to ~50%.

There are supposed to be 900 korok seeds. Crazy, as you said the density doesn't seem that high. 

By the way, I've just to some maths in my own game right now to see how the completion rate works. And, yep, I feel you're right about korok seed percentage. I found two and one time the percentage went up 0.09 and the other one 0.08, so it has to be between both numbers. Then, another interesting conclusion was that the percentage went up a 0.9 again after finding a new area. So that should count on the percentage. What was totally unexpected was that when I beat a new shrine, the percentage stayed the same. So they don't really count, just Koro seeds and exploring new areas. Maybe sub-bosses? I have some of them marked in the map, I'll beat one and see what happens now. 

EDIT: So, no, it's still the same. Something's off XD.

Around the Network

Decided to go and try to defeat Gannon. Didn't work out too well since I did none of the dungeons or have the best armor.  I did not expect him to have so many phases! Did not know when to quit. The walk to hyrule castle was awesome and dangerous. The guardians gave me some intense moments I will not forget. Of course a nice ancient arrow to the face would subdue them and the master sword

Also I found out today that fire rods do run out! I just rarely used mine to start fires. So it never broke. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

RolStoppable said:
SvennoJ said:
Is there a way to trigger the blood moon? I've been sitting at this spot for a riddle for a while that has to do with the blood moon. I have advanced the time with the campfire for about 3 full cycles of the moon already and nothing. Went out in the rain (since campfires don't work in the rain ugh) came back, advanced the time again, nothing.

It's nice watching the moon come up yet this is getting a bit pointless. And now my meteor rod is in critical condition from relighting the fire over and over doh! They do break. I've had 5 or 6 blood moons so far during my play time, now it won't happen when I'm waiting for one. And I thought the wait for a specific time of the day ones were annoying. (They're actually very cool, yet some way to advance time by the hour would be welcome)

I didn't get a blood moon either and I made at least ten days pass. At a different point in the game I got a blood moon on two consecutive nights though.

I think the probability for a blood moon raises if there's at least one blood moon chest opened (treasure chests that get restocked upon a blood moon respawn of monsters). Raid an easy camp and do other stuff in the mean time. The riddle can be solved for the entire duration of the blood moon night, so that gives you about six hours (six minutes in real time) to return to the spot of the riddle. Blood moon is very apparent by 23:00, the night lasts until 5:00.

Makes sense you have to kill some enemies first that can respawn. 6 minutes is not a lot to return from just one region away (without fast travel anyway). There's plenty more to dicover. I just made my way all the way back to mount Agaat as I had to leave that one the first time passing through. It's off limits lol, you can't go that way.
I decended into the desert again, explored the west end, then made it into Gerudo town when sleep caught up with me. Had to quit at 2am already, weak.

Unlocked 2/3 of the map yersterday and found the first memory. Voice acting of Zelda is much worse than expected. It is so horribly bad that I consider switching to Japanese voices. Still have to do the first Dungeon. Also got killed in a shrine within Hyrule castle.

A large number of Korok seeds are hidden in environmental puzzles, stone circles, flower chasing, tree stumps, tree eyes and small windmills. And according to the Miniguide, every Bloodmoon makes enemies harder, if you killed enough of them.

etking said:

Unlocked 2/3 of the map yersterday and found the first memory. Voice acting of Zelda is much worse than expected. It is so horribly bad that I consider switching to Japanese voices. Still have to do the first Dungeon. Also got killed in a shrine within Hyrule castle.

A large number of Korok seeds are hidden in environmental puzzles, stone circles, flower chasing, tree stumps, tree eyes and small windmills. And according to the Miniguide, every Bloodmoon makes enemies harder, if you killed enough of them.

Latin Spanish VA is good. At least to me.

S.Peelman said:

Yeah the naming of places and sites reference like, everything from basically every other Zelda game. Pretty neat.

Anyway screw that d*mn golfing shrine. I got to the old Sheikah okay enough, but that bonus chest part is just impossible. The target's like a hundred meters away, and this time you need to hole-in-one it because there's nothing to aid you, just the bowl with the hole. Which I did seven times. No not just in the bowl, but I shot the ball right in the middle of the hole it needs to go seven times. But everytime it just bounces out, and it doesn't count. Broke all my weapons, plus the two hammers you get in this shrine, and I still don't have anything to show for it.

The Triforce itself better be in that chest...

Haha, I remember that shrine. Completing the bonus track took me about 2 hours! I was short before giving up.

Spoiler: The Triforce is not in that bonus chest

In general I completed the first divine beast now and unlocked about 1/3 of the map.

This game is awesome .. its really been a long time since I was so emersed in a game.