By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Breath of the Wild?

How far are you?

Not very far 104 33.44%

I just beat a dungeon 37 11.90%

In the middle 21 6.75%

Near the end 29 9.32%

I have no idea 58 18.65%

Story? I am just going to explore all day! 62 19.94%

Total:311
Mar1217 said:
Metallox said:

I'm not very far in the main story, I still need to find all the Divine Beasts and 10 memories. In fact, I did a little bit of the Zora arc, and it was entertaining, but I didn't save it as I want to upgrade myself the most I can and get better equipment, and the three aforementioned regions have been enough to fulfill those objectives. I guess it's true I should go to other regions and discover new things, but I usually like to complete or gather the most I can in the starting zones of other open world games.

Well, I've been exploring since 60+ hours in the Necluda and Lanayru region. Probably got half my time in Lanayru though, I like doing this so far. But yeah, when it exploring did get stale I just decided to go to the first dungeon with the Zora and it was awesome. Afterwards I decided to find some memories all over what I unlocked so far and have 6 of them now :)

Now I'm just exploring and searching for shrines (there's plenty of those) in the Akkala region. It's definitely a good landscape to explore !

Where's that, btw? North of Lanayru?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:

Well at least I'm not alone then.

I'll try again at some point. When I have more hammers.

First line yourself up properly to hit the ball straight forward; you've probably did this anyway, but I mention it for completion's sake. Freeze the ball, then use the lock-on to prevent yourself from moving while swinging a weapon. Hit the ball five times with the hammer, then quickly switch to a different weapon (I used a normal sword) and hit it once more. Six hits with a hammer create too much oomph, but five hits plus one from a weaker weapon type make the ball fly far enough to get across the water and then roll into the mold.

Mmm I never tried with two weapons. I tried just moving the ball a tad to the back but... then I ran out of weapons.

RolStoppable said:
Azuren said:

There's more to it.

Take the route leading out of Kakariko to the south (following the road). There's a series of stone cubes in the wall, with one sitting on the ground. Magnesis it into place for a Korok seed.

Then back in Kakariko, there's five statues with offering bowls in front of them. Four have apples, and one is empty. Put an apple in the empty one for a Korok seed.

There was also a sequence with balloons... a race... there was this thing where I had to make three conspicuously lined up trees all have the same number of fruit.

There's a bunch. 

That's what I meant when I said objects and arrangements of objects. Although your final point about three trees is something that I either haven't come across or didn't notice. Perhaps that sort of thing holds true for any place with any number of apple trees close to each other.

Doh, I just came accross a suspicious line of 3 cacti in the desert. Chopped em all down to get the volt fruit without thinking it could be a korok hiding spot. Now where was that...

Only 2 dungeons left , 70 shrines done, 100 korogu, got the Sword , all the mémories, so im almost Ready for thé perfect ending

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I'm still at the part where you walk past it in the store

Around the Network

I'm currently stuck on a mandatory stealth section with save disabled. I hate that, start over from the beginning every time, and the window to sneak by seems impossibly small. Unfortunately it's part of the story, can't skip it. It does give you the opportunity to fight but I don't stand a chance against 2 teleporting uninterruptible 1 hit kill enemies with extreme reach backed up by two also teleporting archers with triple shot bows. Fun times, not. I guess I needed more hearts after all.

So far 40 shrines done, 82 korok seeds, 1 dungeon, 5 towers, 1 memory.

Back to banging my head against this wall the game suddenly conjured up, trying stealth food next. Where is the invisibility cloak or a barrel to hide in...

SvennoJ said:
I'm currently stuck on a mandatory stealth section with save disabled. I hate that, start over from the beginning every time, and the window to sneak by seems impossibly small. Unfortunately it's part of the story, can't skip it. It does give you the opportunity to fight but I don't stand a chance against 2 teleporting uninterruptible 1 hit kill enemies with extreme reach backed up by two also teleporting archers with triple shot bows. Fun times, not. I guess I needed more hearts after all.

Back to banging my head against this wall the game suddenly conjured up, trying stealth food next. Where is the invisibility cloak or a barrel to hide in...

There is stealth enhancing gear you can buy.  Also could try making elixirs.  And if you still only have a really small number of hearts then yeah, I advise upping that for a number of reasons.  There is a place you can swap stamina for hearts.

Beat Ganon.

But I seem to not having all the memories unlocked, so no complete ending for me.
75 shrines down, less than 100 korok seeds, 4 dungeons done.

Finding the hidden shrines due to quest or special task can be really challenging. There's still a lot of side quests to do and equipment to find. This game is simply huge.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I've never taken my time more with a game than this. I'd wager I've played about 70 hours now and I've just done two dungeons, probably around 60 shrines, and gotten the master sword, but I've primarily been collecting gear and upgrading it.

SvennoJ said:

I know EXACTLY the one you're talking about haha

It had me furious initially too... the bananas barely slow them down. I eventually found a fairly easy to replicate path though, so if you want help, I explain the route I took if you'd like (I did that one room so many times that I can still remember every aspect of it, guards included haha)

Oh also, if you're tempted to go down and grab the gems you see down there don't bother, once you're done with the area you can go back inside and grab them with no enemies around.