By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

putting MK8 Deluxe out in April was a very good move for Nintendo

it's obviously easy money because it's going to sell well and porting it over wouldn't have cost much at all, but it also keeps the Switch in the news, keeps up the momentum and helps move systems

releasing it at launch, which I am sure it could have been, would have wasted it as a system mover

Around the Network

Haven't been on recently Wat happened to X1? Not in the top 100 at all?

Yeah i agree, zelda being the system seller a console/hh needs at launch is/was enough for it to buy time for at least a month. Top that with supply restraint and people trying just to pick one up, mk8dx release date fits well.

Watch mk8dx sell alot, i was expecting 3mil lifetime for the port, but it can be an evergreen title that outsells even the original numbers lol

Playstation putting in a great shift both hardware and software! 

If the Switch is successful, I could see MK8D doing better than the original, but only counting bundles.

I think it will definitely be bundled heavily this holiday

Around the Network
DannyDanger89 said:
Haven't been on recently Wat happened to X1? Not in the top 100 at all?

Hmm their las exclusive Halo Wars 2 kinda .. dodged sales charts...

celador said:
If the Switch is successful, I could see MK8D doing better than the original, but only counting bundles.

Maybe inxlude 12 switch and thats attractive bundle for 300 (or 329 because nintendo).

If switxh does do 10mil this year i can see mk8 doing 5mil+ as well as other games (like splatoon/zelda and even mario).

This willbe a huge year for nintendo software if switch does do around 10mil by years end (or close to it)

celador said:

I expect MK8D to do better just because I expect Switch to do better than the Wii U, and with it coming out so early it will have legs for days (it would be the first game I pick up, anecdotally). 

Kerotan said:

Playstation putting in a great shift both hardware and software! 

Like I said before, all things considered, the PS4 is still performing as before, it's just that the new console on the block is doing extremely well, aided by some extent by the fact the PS4 is 'closer' to saturation point. I say closer because there's still a way to go and I've never thought 'saturation point' was a fixed number but rather a variable number based on trends.

The PS5 Exists. 

palou said:
Jranation said:

They Need to! 

Since Eurogamer is quite credible these days......... Expect Pokemon Stars to be true. I also expect Animal Crossing Switch to be announced (A smartphone games was planned to release before April but got moved). Same as Pikmin 4. Footage for FE Warriors, More on Splatoon 2, FE 2018, Hopefully SMT,  Xenoblade 2, that 2K game and Skyrim. Maybe announce a new character for Smash to get people hype up. 

Eurogamer called Stars a rumor, if I remember correctly. They didn't give it the same credibility as when they talked about the Switch being a hybrid.

Ah I see. Im still hoping it is true! 

PS4 is being sandwiched by the SwitchNes! 

Pocky Lover Boy!