By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn: Best graphic !! Who will be the graphics king later?

I don't know. To me the graphics king is stilll GTA 5 Redux. Probably not because of the tech, I don't know anything about that anyway. But the amount of detail is just friggin' insane in this game. There is just about nothing that isn't detailed as fuck. But well, I guess that's just me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Horizan is absolutely beautiful. I just platinumed the game the other day, and it was by far the best experience I have had since The Last Of Us.

Graphically it is quite impressive overall, but it does have things that need work.

On the positive side, the art direction is phenominal. Everything looks great. The game has the image quality of a AAA linear title in an open world which makes for a lot stop and enjoy moments. The enemies are some of the best in the history of gaming for me. The world lacks some interaction, but the interaction with the enemies, and the animation of Aloy and enemies during battle, is all unmatched by any other open world title.

On the negative side, PS4 just does not have the RAM or Processing power to do the draw distance justice. This game has a ton of fog when you look in Valleys or up at giant mountains. The animations (mostly facial/lip sync) of Side characters and even some main story characters are akward. The lack of interaction/physics/distruction is another area that has been sacrificed for other things.

At the end of the day, though this game does something amazing. Not only does look phenomenal, but it plays phenomenonal. This is something that I did not like about GTA5 and The Witcher 3, both look great, but the gameplay felt terrible. Horizan on the other hand offers amazing gameplay wrapped in a massive and beautiful open world. In my book, this has set the new standard for open world titles. Now just to see how insane Red Dead 2 is with Rockstar building from the ground up for PS4 and XBO.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Ali_16x said:
Qwark said:

Nearly every good looking pc game on a decent pc beats the shit out of horizon. But for PS4 only Horizon is going to hold onto this crown for quite some time. I think Uncharted lost legacy is going to.look better than Horizon and God of War will probably also beat it.

Do they really? Most PC games usually just have better IQ than their console counterparts. Horizon has that, but with more foliage than any game I've seen. Horizon also has really top notch shadows, I was really surprised by that.

Usually oc games also have a way higher pixelcount, better lighting, shadows, anti aliasing and framerate. PC is just way more powerful and more power results in better looking games. I wouldn't be surprised if Mass effect Adromeda on a good pc would look way better than Horizon on a PS4 pro.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It wont have the strongest graphics but Super Mario Odyssey will be a looker.

Pemalite said:
Ali_16x said:

Do they really? Most PC games usually just have better IQ than their console counterparts. Horizon has that, but with more foliage than any game I've seen. Horizon also has really top notch shadows, I was really surprised by that.

The irony is. If Horizon was on PC it would look even better.

Quake Champions and Unreal Tournament look set to bring back Arena FPS PC gaming in a big way. And Unreal Tournament is looking pretty damn crisp.

Not sure how that's ironic at all.

Quake looks great but it really doesn't look better than Horizon. Probably because Horizon is an open world game. ie why even The Witcher 3 looks better than Quake.

Qwark said:
Ali_16x said:

Usually oc games also have a way higher pixelcount, better lighting, shadows, anti aliasing and framerate. PC is just way more powerful and more power results in better looking games. I wouldn't be surprised if Mass effect Adromeda on a good pc would look way better than Horizon on a PS4 pro.

Umm, that's pretty much what I'm saying by better IQ, Image Quality. Framerate doesn't have anything to do with the graphics itself really.

And I do agree, by the way it's looking right now, Mass Effect might look better than Horizon. But even then, Horizon's foliage is so good, I mean that's one of the biggest reasons it looks so good, the forests look great. I haven't seen anything like that in Mass Effect. And I think the faces on Horizon are way better than Mass Effect, those look really eh.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Pemalite said:

Quake Champions and Unreal Tournament look set to bring back Arena FPS PC gaming in a big way. And Unreal Tournament is looking pretty damn crisp.

Quake looks great but it really doesn't look better than Horizon. Probably because Horizon is an open world game. ie why even The Witcher 3 looks better than Quake.

That was Alpha footage, low quality at that. It's using the new iD Tech engine that powered the latest Doom game, I also didn't state it looked better than any other game anyway. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ali_16x said:
Pemalite said:

Qwark said:

Umm, that's pretty much what I'm saying by better IQ, Image Quality. Framerate doesn't have anything to do with the graphics itself really.

And I do agree, by the way it's looking right now, Mass Effect might look better than Horizon. But even then, Horizon's foliage is so good, I mean that's one of the biggest reasons it looks so good, the forests look great. I haven't seen anything like that in Mass Effect. And I think the faces on Horizon are way better than Mass Effect, those look really eh.

Well Mass Effect doesnt have that much going on in its environment comapared to Horizon Zero Dawn and it seems its quiet linear during combat, also I assume its running at 900p on Standard PS4!! So considering Horizon Zero Dawn is 1080p  with so much foilage, NPC, seamless destructable open world with better LoD across the board (ants carrying leaf on trees), so for me HZD is way ahead of ME

taus90 said:

Well Mass Effect doesnt have that much going on in its environment comapared to Horizon Zero Dawn and it seems its quiet linear during combat, also I assume its running at 900p on Standard PS4!! So considering Horizon Zero Dawn is 1080p  with so much foilage, NPC, seamless destructable open world with better LoD across the board (ants carrying leaf on trees), so for me HZD is way ahead of ME

Mass Effect will be 900P on the Xbox One and 1080P on the Playstation 4, both 30fps.
But I wouldn't underestimate Frostbite, that engine can pull off some great imagry thanks to technology like Photogrammetry. (StarWars Battlefront comes to mind.)

Mass Effect Andromeda will have a vast array of different planets to explore, jungle/forest planets/ecosystem, desert, snow... You name it, so hopefully we get to see some dense foliage.

In terms of game world size, Mass Effect Andromeda should eclipse Horizon Zero Dawn, I don't dispute Horizon's attention to detail though.

Keep some reservation on Ass Effect, untill it releases... Hopefully they take the best from Mass Effect and combine it with what they learned with the awesomeness that was Dragon Age: Inquisition, it could end up being the game of the year, if anyone can do it, it's Bioware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:

-snip-

Such as what? Because, as far as I'm concerned, nothing blows this away (my own playtime):

Now I do think Star Citizen has its moments and Battlefront still leads the pack, but neither of them put this game to shame.

Lord have mercy on my soul, that's beautiful.

CGI-Quality said:
Zekkyou said:

Lord have mercy on my soul, that's beautiful.

Precisely why I won't really ever listen to people claiming that anything "blows that away".

Currently, no games do.

So when you say anotehr game blows HZD away then it actually will?.

I'm finding it really random how no matter what CR studio does with SC, it will never ever amount to whatever HZD has done, and somehow BF a multiplat title leads over SC?.

I know you have the whole agree to disagree, but man do I completely disagree from one side of this rock to the other. I'm well aware that you've played SC, but I've also seen others playing it as well as hearing their impressions and to those people, SC blows them awaym hell the majority that funded the studio were blown away by the scope and general footage, unless of course they funded it but never cared or were not anywhere as itnerested in the game, but that would seem all the more confusing as to why they would even fund said game if it didn't have anything going for it compared to another title that's completely different in scope and technology. 

I'm starting to wonder when you'll say that PC has got a mind blowing visual experience that isn't just a mere demo of an engine. Part of me wants to say within the enxt 2-3 years, but I'm thinking longer, maybe if at all, outside of multiplat titles which are slightly better looking, but confined to what current gen systems can handle with less exclusive technologies being used for the higher end hardware.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"