By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn: Best graphic !! Who will be the graphics king later?

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:
Star Citizen makes all games look average. If running on high settings that is.

From a technical standpoint it definitely is, unfortunately space is dark and bland so if we're talking Aesthetics Star Citizen isn't near the top for me. Horizon is colourful and beautiful in almost every shot. Star Citizen is a technically advanced, realistic representation of space, and as such severly lacking in the colour department.

Fair enough.  To me Horizon still looks like a game. SC on many angles, looks like its come off as CGI from a movie 

Around the Network

TLOU2

The PS5 Exists. 

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

From a technical standpoint it definitely is, unfortunately space is dark and bland so if we're talking Aesthetics Star Citizen isn't near the top for me. Horizon is colourful and beautiful in almost every shot. Star Citizen is a technically advanced, realistic representation of space, and as such severly lacking in the colour department.

Fair enough.  To me Horizon still looks like a game. SC on many angles, looks like its come off as CGI from a movie 

Yeah it certainly does. This is one of my favorite shots from SC: https://youtu.be/sHqoQmJu-xU?t=2m24s

The use of Depth of Field adn the sense of depth approaching that moon is phenomenal. I just wish they'd gone for a slightly less realistic route in terms of colour.

Peh said:

https://gamesqa.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/qVjUEnB.jpg

I don't know.. The Devision on PC in 4K looks pretty good.

I was just playing it on Xbox One... And it looked terrible. D:
Thankfully it was in the bargain bin, doubt I will play it much.

Azzanation said:
Star Citizen makes all games look average. If running on high settings that is.

Makes me wish that I kept my Eyefinity set-up. (7680x1440) it would have been so surreal.

The insane thing though about Star Citizen is it's sheer scale... It's world should dwarf everything that Bethesda has done, combined. That's just nuts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

HZD looks great.....  But does it look that great?  I suppose it is probably the best looking console game, but there are much better visuals out there on PC.  

Around the Network

I still think nothing has topped Ryse: Son of Rome imho.

I just played Horizon and noticed that the water in pools/rivers ISN'T interactive ..............

Lame for such highly advanced tech in graphics

CGI-Quality said:
dgboweniii said:

HZD looks great.....  But does it look that great?  I suppose it is probably the best looking console game, but there are much better visuals out there on PC.  

Much better? Eh, not really, but I did say games like Battlefront maxed out were still a bit ahead. 

The multiplat battlefield?.

Can I ask when PC will have something that looks really stunning that isn't a multiplat?. Not using engine demos or anything.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
CGI-Quality said:

Much better? Eh, not really, but I did say games like Battlefront maxed out were still a bit ahead. 

Can I ask when PC will have something that looks really stunning that isn't a multiplat?. Not using engine demos or anything.

Star Citizen. Do keep up. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Chazore said:

Star Citizen. Do keep up. :P

We already threw that one out before though, remember it's a "demo/incomplete money sink project"  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"