By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn: Best graphic !! Who will be the graphics king later?

shikamaru317 said:

Agreed. I mean XB1 and PS4 can handle gorgeous games like Gears 4 and Horizon, but those are exclusives, it's more challenging to make a multiplat look anywhere near that good on a console, because the devs can't spend their time just optimizing for a single platform, they have to optimize for 2 consoles and hundreds of different PC hardware combinations. 

This is why I'm waiting on CR to finish with Star Citizen, to see how he goes about with a PC exclusive, because we haven't had a good looking one since the first Crysis. Everything else outside of that is full of multiplats that look a bit better.

Outside of the whole FPS/3rd person kind of games, i'm really loving DoW's 3's style and visuals already:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Pemalite said:

The irony is... Far Cry on the original Xbox had interactive water and vegetation.

When you consider the careful level of balancing that went into the presentation of this game and understand that it was a deliberate choice made by the developers I don't really find it ironic. There's a reason this game looks as good as it does.

The ironic part is that it is likely nothing to do with power, but development time, it takes resources, time and focus to make everything interactive.

Dallinor said:

As the industry tech keeps advancing going forward, I feel we will see less and less of particular games with an unusal tech focus. Games are simply getting more all around polish, and less systems are being ignored. (Not that we don't have other problems with rushed products).

And I am loving it.

Dallinor said:

Also, trying to think back now, did it? Which Far Cry, Instincts or Evolution?

The tech has been around for ages anyway.

Can't remember. I do have both on the original Xbox if you want me to fire them up though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:
Chazore said:

That's if current gen can handle what they have planned with CP

Agreed. I mean XB1 and PS4 can handle gorgeous games like Gears 4 and Horizon, but those are exclusives, it's more challenging to make a multiplat look anywhere near that good on a console, because the devs can't spend their time just optimizing for a single platform, they have to optimize for 2 consoles and hundreds of different PC hardware combinations. 

Developers don't really optimize PC games for hundreds of different PC hardware combinations.

They optimize for specific API's and Drivers, then consumers can scale the games up and down themselves to match their hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Going by the early footage, possibly God of War.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Azzanation said:
Zekkyou said:

Lord have mercy on my soul, that's beautiful.

The fact you can fly into a planet world where everything you see works or is there. Nothing in SC is fake. Mind blowing draw distances and rendering. Realistic looking ship designs etc. What you showed me of Horizon is nothing i havnt seen from The Witcher 3.

There is a clip of SC where your walking around an actual city. Every window, every object is rendered with reason. And it looks like its taken straight from Star Wars 

What does any of this have to do with me thinking CGI's gif looks beautiful? I know you have a tendency to argue against points not being made, but you've totally lost me here.

Around the Network

I think another reason why it looks so great is because it has such a great color palette.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Zekkyou said:
Azzanation said:

The fact you can fly into a planet world where everything you see works or is there. Nothing in SC is fake. Mind blowing draw distances and rendering. Realistic looking ship designs etc. What you showed me of Horizon is nothing i havnt seen from The Witcher 3.

There is a clip of SC where your walking around an actual city. Every window, every object is rendered with reason. And it looks like its taken straight from Star Wars 

What does any of this have to do with me thinking CGI's gif looks beautiful? I know you have a tendency to argue against points not being made, but you've totally lost me here.

Probably why i hate using this site on my Mobile phone. That message was not intended for you. This site is so buggy on mobile.

CGI-Quality said:

Remember, this is an open world game and not running on my PC

Why would it be running on your PC?. There isn't much else running on PC that looks good according to this thread.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Can we expect a "for the Crysis fans" sometime shortly?.

CGI-Quality said:

Oh, and for the foliage people like me:

unbelievably beautiful.