By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn: Best graphic !! Who will be the graphics king later?

I guess there isn't much going for the other titles due out this year with nice visuals aside from those coming from a single brand.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Gotta agree with CGI on this one. Witcher 3 in it's final release state just doesn't look as good as Horizon. Now pre-downgrade Witcher 3 was comparable to Horizon imo:

I wish this is the version we could of gotten. I understand why they had to make the downgrades, and the final version still looks fantastic, but god damn did the original looks amazing. 

We'll get there one day.

CGI-Quality said:

Backing out so soon? Bummer. :p

Im sure he does not play Horizon and is biased against PS4.

shikamaru317 said:

Gotta agree with CGI on this one. Witcher 3 in it's final release state just doesn't look as good as Horizon. Now pre-downgrade Witcher 3 was comparable to Horizon imo, probably even better than Horizon:

Zekkyou said:
shikamaru317 said:

Gotta agree with CGI on this one. Witcher 3 in it's final release state just doesn't look as good as Horizon. Now pre-downgrade Witcher 3 was comparable to Horizon imo:

I wish this is the version we could of gotten. I understand why they had to make the downgrades, and the final version still looks fantastic, but god damn did the original looks amazing. 

We'll get there one day.

I actually think Horizon looks better than the pre-downgraded Witcher 3.

I just experienced this an hour ago, I was walking through a tiny forest and the particles that were flying around were amazing, and there were also birds flying by. And the lightning was so good. I really wish I was good at making gifs so I could show it.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, we'll get their eventually. They're upgrading their engine for Cyberpunk, so that should be a step-up graphically over Witcher 3. Then their next game, which is probably Witcher 4, is scheduled for 2020-2021 I believe, so we should have next gen consoles by then, which means that game will match or exceed Witcher 3 pre-downgrade most likely (Witcher 3 pre-downgrade footage was running on SLI 780's as I recall, which is right in the ballpark of the specs we can expect for XB4/PS5). 

We'll have to wait and see for what next gen systems allow for, same goes with Cyberpunk since that will be releasing on current gen systems, so there will be compromises being made before release. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

Decided to take a still from the gif and crop/resize the screencap to the size of the gif for simplicity sake.

I'm not sure if anyone has been aware on here that Witcher 3 has had graphical mods and steps to try getting the PC version to a near point of what the game looked like before the downgrade. Also bearing in mind that the downgrade happened due to what current gen systems could handle, so I'm not expecting amazing stellar results from Cyberpunk.

Zekkyou said:
CGI-Quality said:

-snip-

Such as what? Because, as far as I'm concerned, nothing blows this away (my own playtime):

Now I do think Star Citizen has its moments and Battlefront still leads the pack, but neither of them put this game to shame.

Lord have mercy on my soul, that's beautiful.

The fact you can fly into a planet world where everything you see works or is there. Nothing in SC is fake. Mind blowing draw distances and rendering. Realistic looking ship designs etc. What you showed me of Horizon is nothing i havnt seen from The Witcher 3.

There is a clip of SC where your walking around an actual city. Every window, every object is rendered with reason. And it looks like its taken straight from Star Wars 

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, Cyberpunk should be an improvement over Witcher 3 since they're upgrading the engine, but not that big of an improvement. Witcher 3 got toned down for consoles, the pre-downgrade footage was running on SLI 780's and XB1 and PS4 just couldn't keep up with that. It probably won't be until Witcher 4 in 2020-2021 that we finally get pre-downgrade Witcher 3 graphics or better. By then XB4 and PS5 should be out, and we're probably going to be looking at 10 tflops or more for those, depending on exactly when they release. 

This is why I'm not really all that fond of looking at multiplat titles on PC as "beautiful", mostly because they are designed to look nearly the same as what the consoles can actually handle. The vast majority of the Candyland videos keep pointing out that the only improvements are slight LoD, texture, texture and AA gains, but nothing bigger than that.

I can't say I'm looking forward to next gen because it'll be the same scenario, where the game has to be strictly built for what the then current gen systems can handle and not what high end can actually output. if we went with what high end could output, then it'd be a night and day difference, but that would look bad for the likes of the big 3 if that were to happen. By the time enxt gen comes out, the specs will be behind what AMD and Nvidia come out with in a matter of months to 1-2 years, then we'll be stuck with the same cycle we're in currently.

Apparently being able to leave a space station with all your buddies in the same ship, travelling from a station onto a planet, getting out and using your transport buggy, without loading isn't that big of a deal. I guess it's nothing to write home about.

shikamaru317 said:
Chazore said:

If Cyberpunk looks anywhere near this good I'll be happy. I mention it because that area looks like something out of Cyberpunk. 

That's if current gen can handle what they have planned with CP