By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Those who came before.... (3DS/WiiU)

Tagged games:

I really enjoyed Mario 3D world!

3DS was my first jump into Animal Crossing, and I am really glad that I picked it up. It's really a great game, even though it's so weird. Bravely default even though not a first party, was spectacular. It was reminiscent of old JRPGS, something I wish FF would go back too! Fire Emblem was another great game that I had first dived into on 3DS, and I really am glad I did

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

A Link Between Worlds had the most impressive 3D I've seen so far on the 3DS, and was a joy to play. I missed out totally on the Wii U, but I really wish I could have played Captain Toad. It looked fresh.

wii-u = hyrule warriors. logged over 300 hours, never had played a DW game before, love every bit of it.

3ds = fire emblem awakening - as close to perfection as can be. loved being able to summon old characters from past games. oh, and THARJA

Runner ups:
Splatoon - nuff said, something new, something epic. my most entertaining and intense online game this gen

pokemon x - because its pokemon and it brought a new world, new elements and new critters to the series while looking amazing!

i bought both the original model 3DS and the N3DS XL on day 1 and enjoyed every minute of it. i got to play through Ocarina of Time since i didnt grow up in the N64 era, pokemon had some great titles, MK7 was lack-luster, but definitely the most memorable part of the 3DS's life was the ambassador program. i got free 3DS games that other people couldnt play even by paying for it.

as for the Wii U i showed up a bit late and got one for Christmas. the games werent great but they really nailed it with Nintendo Land. i never had so much mileage out of a party game in my life. i only hope they can do something similar with the Switch.

Not really a fan of the Switch, so I plan to continue playing on both of them for a long time. The 3DS has become one of my all time favourite systems and Wii U... let's just say I still need to play some amazing games on it, including BotW, and leave it at that.

Leaving aside the usual suspects, Splatoon, The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are the games i enjoyed the most on my Wii U, while the 3DS only needs an Advance Wars game to be perfect for me.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
hunter_alien said:

Yes. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is arguably my favorite in the series. Loved every second of the game. Luigis Mansion 2 was an absolute blast to play and laughed my ass off, and of course his sibling had one amazing 3D Land to explore as well Had a great time with the 3DS. My favorite portable system ever right after the PSP and GBA, and easily one of the best systems made by Nintendo.

EDIT: and yes, the story is far from over for my 3DS, and I still have a backlog for it and several titles that I need to buy

Man, every layton game was such high quality. I feel horrible knowing that we'll never get a game to show what happened after Claire's death and Luke leaving

I really hope we get a remaster with the original trilogy in 3D and with the prequel games- I'd happily pay $60 for it.

Same here :( They are arguably the most complex point and click adventure titles ever created and they easily beat the old Lucasart games in my eyes :( Indeed so many unanswered questions. I do hope that they will not let the series in vain, and that we will get a Switch one down the line. Now that is a real system seller for me For the original trilogy remake.... I was hoping for those for a while... but I think we will have to accept that it wont happen

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I loved my time playing Sketch in Game&Wario, countless fun afternoons with that. One of the reasons to keep the WiiU around.
Nintendo Land's Zelda mini-game was on all the time during the first christmas holiday, nephews played it over and over again!
Also Super Mario 3D World's co-op, in which we failed quite a
few runs through Champion's Road... until that shit was done

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Wonderful 101, still one of the most unique and best action games to date.

3DS for some reason came on a time where I started disliking handheld gaming, so it's a very mediocre console in my eyes. Can't remember anything wortwhile in it...outside, of course, the Ace Attorney games (and that Layton crossover which was so sweet) and Theathrythm Final Fantasy (particulary Curtain Call), on which I've probably poured over a hundred of hours into. It's funny how playing basically anything else on 3DS makes me go "meh" within five minutes and turn it off, yet I could be playing Theathrythm all day. There are some gems here and there, like Link Between Worlds and Luigi Mansion 2 (and the remaster of what's arguably one of the greatest Zelda games, Majora's Mask), though. All in all I can understand the people who find this console amazing; I just can't find any place in my heart to grant it the love I gave the NDS.

WiiU...now that's a console I find terrible. Probably among the worst of Nintendo's hardware offering so far. It really offered nothing substantial to me outside HD Nintendo games, and backward compatibility with a much superior console (plus VC, despite how rocky it was). Software-wise, it was weak. It required some patches before having a manageable interface (like waiting 5 minutes for it to boot up, wtf Nintendo). Can't honestly find any memorable in it...outside, of course, what's probably the most amazing entry in the Super Smash Bros franchise, coupled with an almost-perfect roster (Ice Climber, where are thou?!). Smash Bros is the saving grace of WiiU altogether in my eyes, and I spent a ridiculously amount of time playing it either solo or with friends. I event went to official Smash Tournaments.