By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon budget is at least 45 million Euro, 250 dev team

Game was in pre-production on a team of 20 for 3 years starting in 2011, after KZSF launched in late 2013, entire studio worked on it. Plus 100 devs in China who created assets from artwork and concepts.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=nl&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=nl&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2017/02/26/hoe-de-grootste-mediaproductie-van-nederland-is-gemaakt-6962270-a1547873&usg=ALkJrhgLM7n-dfAVHhuw1jfACyWivylX6g

Around the Network

Interesting that GG was able to make a game on a scale of Witcher 3 with less people and a smaller budget! I also like that Horizon has much more variety in environments, from snowey mountains to forests to grand canyon type areas. W3 felt almost the same the whole game until Blood and Wine.

I know it wasnt in full production in 2011, but good lord, games are taking way too much time to make nowadays.But yeah, hyped about this game.I personally plan to get one game in march, and im torn betwenn this game and Nier.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Turkish said:
Interesting that GG was able to make a game on a scale of Witcher 3 with less people and a smaller budget! I also like that Horizon has much more variety in environments, from snowey mountains to forests to grand canyon type areas. W3 felt almost the same the whole game until Blood and Wine.

Wasn't the Witcher 3's budget $15 mil?

Nautilus said:
I know it wasnt in full production in 2011, but good lord, games are taking way too much time to make nowadays.But yeah, hyped about this game.I personally plan to get one game in march, and im torn betwenn this game and Nier.

It was in full production for a little over 3 years, pretty impressive for a big +30 hours open world game actually. They were not only making the game but also the engine as well.

spemanig said:
Turkish said:

Wasn't the Witcher 3's budget $15 mil?

Was $81 million.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Turkish said:

I do not think this is close to a comparison here...

I have the game (and played it all day yesterday) and yes, Horizon Dawn is a very good game (I really like it); but you cannot compare it to the Witcher 3 in term of scale. While the map is huge, everything is just not at the same level than Witcher 3; let's be honest.

Some Horizon concepts are closer (in term of simplicity) to Tomb Raider for instance (the crafting system, the map and location diversity, story and dialogs, etc...) while the Witcher 3 is way more detailled and defined in all areas. Only area I would put Horizon first (but this is based on my taste) are the combat, I really like it (the traps, the cable stuff, etc..) this is really cool to play. Not even mentionning the Witcher 3 is multiplatform.

I'm not a big fan of the Witcher 3 (and I really like Horizon) but you cannot honestly say that the scale of the game is the same... You can see the difference in budget when you play both games. I'm not surprised about the budget being almost half of the Witcher 3 and you can see it in the game.

All in one, Horizon is a great awesome game, defintely an highlight of the Play Station Four imo. This is the game that made me play with my Play Station Four more than 1 hour after all :)

Turkish said:

The Witcher 3 released on more platiforms which requirement more staff for porting/bug fixing/testing.

They managed their budget well.... and I think the compairison to Witcher 3 is fair enough.

Guerrilla Games is gonna make BANK on this title lol.

Hopefully they do more RPGs in the future.

bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:

You be amazed at how many treat Horizon over Witcher 3 on this site even before Horizon released.