By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 89th Academy Awards (Oscars) Thread.

Which Movie Deserves to Win Best Picture?

Arrival 9 14.75%

Lion 3 4.92%

Fences 0 0%

Hidden Figures 3 4.92%

LA LA Land 19 31.15%

Moonlight 4 6.56%

Hell or High Water 1 1.64%

Manchester by the Sea 1 1.64%

Hacksaw Ridge 10 16.39%

Another Movie that was Not Nominated. 11 18.03%

Total:61
LadyJasmine said:
Panama said:

Im sorry, but thats like saying Moonlight has no appeal outside of gay black men, your argument is basic. 

Also just to add to that, never seen so much backlash to such a good natured film. I dont recall any of this race baiting when The Artist won best picture, a film that similarly honors the history of Hollywood. I think Americans have a lot of issues they need to sort out.

La la land is a point less film.

Clearly the epilogue went over your head. Youre entitled to your opinion not to like the film, but it is far from pointless.

Around the Network

Only part of the Oscars I watched was the award for best picture, and it didn't disappoint lol

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Panama said:
LadyJasmine said:

La la land is a point less film.

Clearly the epilogue went over your head. Youre entitled to your opinion not to like the film, but it is far from pointless.I

I am glad the hispter film lost

Moonlight was about actual reality and issues. 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Around the Network

This song should've been nominated (and win) for best original song: 

I haven't watched any of the movies but I watched a trailer for La La Land. It looked really fun. Too bad the protagonists had the wrong skin color.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
I haven't watched any of the movies but I watched a trailer for La La Land. It looked really fun. Too bad the protagonists had the wrong skin color.

Moonlight was better anyways

Goodnightmoon said:

Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt to let a comedy win for once. It's not like the winners are based on quality anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt to let a comedy win for once. It's not like the winners are based on quality anyway.

I guess that's true but a comedy won in 2015 and also in 2012 (Birdman and The Artist)