By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will be ever see LittleBigPlanet again?

Tagged games:

If they can finally fix the floaty controls and awful physics... but at this point I'd rather see a Super Mario Maker sequel.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

I hope so, since LBP is one of my favorite franchises.

Plus, I blame Sumo Digital for how LBP3 is. They are incompetent developers who should have never been given the go to make a LBP game in the first place. Even after 2 YEARS of the game being released they still haven't fixed the online to where I STILL have not been able to play a SINGLE online game without the extreme lag almost making it impossible. (And no, it's not my internet connection in case someone is wondering since on the original LBP I could easily play any online game with anyone else without the extreme lag LBP3 has).

I've been patient with them. They've had over 2 years to fix the fucking game but they still haven't. They won't even listen to simple community requests such as disabling automatic trailer playing in levels. That's why at this point they are just incompetent imo and they don't give a fuck.

I think the simple fact that they still haven't fixed the game to a decent functioning state after 2 years but are still trying to charge more money for DLC says a lot about them as a company. I've made a stance to not buying any DLC for LBP3 (even though I want to) because I will not support a company that doesn't give a shit about the game if they won't even be bothered to ever properly fix it. 

I liked the story mode though in LBP3 and I think in general that the game is pretty good IF IT ACTUALLY FUNCTIONED WELL. I would play it a lot more if they actually fixed the performance of the game.

The game freezes just looking for a level in the community menu!

It pisses me off thinking about LBP3 because if we never get another LBP game I fully blame Sumo Digital for that, they fucking ruined it.

I really hope that if we ever get another LBP game it's made by MediaMolecule, though seeing as how they're working on Dreams and that still hasn't released so even if they did decide to go back to LBP that would be a long way away from now. 

relax, i feel your pain.

yeh.. it would be cool if the little team that made tearaway where making LBP4. it could be done pretty easy with a small team i think. Go back to LBP2 and expand from that. dont use anything from 3. Plus all the online levels would be ported over

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

No, I think MM will release Dreams, which will be a mega bomba, and then they will be closed down soon after

The floaty jumps of #1 will haunt the series forever apparently (jumping has been fixed in at least #3). The biggest problems with #3 was how unfinished it was at launch - it wasn't really stable until 6 months and many patches later - and how the campaign buries fun mechanics with constant VA chatter.

I think #4 could revitalize the series if done right, but complaints about floaty jumps will always persist for some reason.

merman said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I hope so, since LBP is one of my favorite franchises.

Plus, I blame Sumo Digital for how LBP3 is. They are incompetent developers who should have never been given the go to make a LBP game in the first place. Even after 2 YEARS of the game being released they still haven't fixed the online to where I STILL have not been able to play a SINGLE online game without the extreme lag almost making it impossible. (And no, it's not my internet connection in case someone is wondering since on the original LBP I could easily play any online game with anyone else without the extreme lag LBP3 has).

I've been patient with them. They've had over 2 years to fix the fucking game but they still haven't. They won't even listen to simple community requests such as disabling automatic trailer playing in levels. That's why at this point they are just incompetent imo and they don't give a fuck.

I think the simple fact that they still haven't fixed the game to a decent functioning state after 2 years but are still trying to charge more money for DLC says a lot about them as a company. I've made a stance to not buying any DLC for LBP3 (even though I want to) because I will not support a company that doesn't give a shit about the game if they won't even be bothered to ever properly fix it. 

I liked the story mode though in LBP3 and I think in general that the game is pretty good IF IT ACTUALLY FUNCTIONED WELL. I would play it a lot more if they actually fixed the performance of the game.

The game freezes just looking for a level in the community menu!

It pisses me off thinking about LBP3 because if we never get another LBP game I fully blame Sumo Digital for that, they fucking ruined it.

I really hope that if we ever get another LBP game it's made by MediaMolecule, though seeing as how they're working on Dreams and that still hasn't released so even if they did decide to go back to LBP that would be a long way away from now. 

relax, i feel your pain.

yeh.. it would be cool if the little team that made tearaway where making LBP4. it could be done pretty easy with a small team i think. Go back to LBP2 and expand from that. dont use anything from 3. Plus all the online levels would be ported over

I am relaxed,it's just annoying because I would like to play LBP3 more, since like I said LBP is one of my favorite series and it was specifically the first game I bought for my PS4, but I don't even bother trying to play it most of the time because they still after 2 years have not properly fixed some of its major issues. Like I said, they won't fix it after 2 years but yet they'll still try to charge DLC for it. I think that says a lot about them as a development studio. 

Every once in a while i'll feel like playing LBP3 and i'll think 'maybe it's fixed now' and then start the game and as usual as soon as I go into the community menu to look for some community levels to play it just starts freezing and lagging already just to LOOK for one level, and then it gets even worse trying to play it because they still have not fixed that issue despite the complains they've gotten about it. I still haven't even been able to play a single online game with anyone in LBP3 because as soon as any other new player joins the level the lag makes it almost completely unplayable. 

It sucks because on one hand I wanna support LBP, but on the other I know if I buy DLC for it then that's supporting Sumo Digital who obviously don't give a fuck at this point. So that's why I refuse to buy any DLC for it since they already got my money from when I bought the game in November 2015 until they fix the game.

I feel like if there never is another LBP game it's fully Sumo Digital's fault, and the idea of a series (one of my favorite series) possibly never getting another installment because of another developer's incompetence and not giving a fuck is horrible. Any series getting discontinued essentially because of one development studio would suck. 

Around the Network

I don't think we really need another one. LB2 was my favorite by far. Me, my brother and sister actually just finished LB3 last saturday (even though we got it day 1) and we enjoyed the campaign a lot. The new characters were pretty cool and adorable but they were not utilized fully.

Me and my brother spent at least 2 years of going back every once in a while to play player-made levels on LBP2 and some were just amazing, the amount of craft and time and dedication that went to some levels left me pretty amazed. LBP had its moment and the whole user generated content thing is kinda over with (Aside from Micecraft, if that counts)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
I don't think we really need another one. LB2 was my favorite by far. Me, my brother and sister actually just finished LB3 last saturday (even though we got it day 1) and we enjoyed the campaign a lot. The new characters were pretty cool and adorable but they were not utilized fully.

Me and my brother spent at least 2 years of going back every once in a while to play player-made levels on LBP2 and some were just amazing, the amount of craft and time and dedication that went to some levels left me pretty amazed. LBP had its moment and the whole user generated content thing is kinda over with (Aside from Micecraft, if that counts)

I only ever played LBP campaigns. My daughter would drag me along for the user created stuff. With that said, I thought LBP 3 had the most personality and thus, the most fun campaign. I don't remember glitches or frustrating moments. I just remember laughing more than in the prior games.

In that respect, I'd say it succeeded.

d21lewis said:
Areym said:

I only ever played LBP campaigns. My daughter would drag me along for the user created stuff. With that said, I thought LBP 3 had the most personality and thus, the most fun campaign. I don't remember glitches or frustrating moments. I just remember laughing more than in the prior games.

In that respect, I'd say it succeeded.

I agree, out of the 3, I liked LBP3's campaign the most. I really liked the the new characters but it sucks that you can't really utilize a variety of them at once during the campaign. Each level just had a designated character to use. One thing I will say is that the difficulty spike in LB3 is ridiculous and sudden. At least for us (me, my sister and brother, dedicated gamers), we really struggled in the last quarter of the game, specially when you have to play 3 levels in a row with the 3 heroes and no save point in between.

LBP user created levels carry from previous ones so there's a lot to choose from, definitely give it some more time.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Re-release LBP with a VR level editor. That would be cool.

LBP quickly drifted away from its platforming charms. A franchise such as Sly Cooper stayed true to it's roots after four titles. LBP not so much.