By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will be ever see LittleBigPlanet again?

Tagged games:

Nah, the first and second one were brilliant, the third one wasn't, it made pretty poor use of the added capability of the PS4 and I was very disappointed. It didn't have nearly the same charm either.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
OdinHades said:
Hopefully not. The game was creative and all, but the gameplay sucked balls.

I kinda want to challenge you to a fistfight. Yet within your smelly comment, there is some truth. If I was going to sacrifice a Sony franchise to the moon, it would be LBP. Super charming. Why doesn't the jump work right? Nice music and atmosphere. The jump though.....just the jump. Some GREAT user created stages. Too bad jumping is like passing a kidney stone...We can still fight if you want.

Yeah. The game is bursting with charm and creativity, but the controls are so darn slippery and imprecise. All the user-generated content in the world means little when the basic mechanics are so frustrating.

They should release one entry per system, due to the user-created content and the already highly versatile creation tools it needs a lot of time to make a new game in the series that actually feels fresh.

What could they do on the PS4 to make a substantial jump over LBP3? They should just wait till PS5 then utilise the power in that.

I got all of the main PS3 LBP games, the PSP game, and "Run Sackboy, Run". My daughter loved them but, to me, the game and enemies always felt so generic and user created stuff always had a "That's interesting... but not fun." vibe to it.

A ton of untapped potential.

If they do make another LBP they simply MUST make it incompatible with the older versions. It needs to be build from the ground up for the PS4. There's no reason why they couldn't include LBP3 on the same disc and allow you to switch between PS4/PS3 from the menus.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
I would like them to do a bunch of things with LBP:

1) release another LBP Karting game
2) release another LBP game towards the end of the PS4 gen
3) release a LBP community app where people can build and share things with each other, request help to build a level etc

yes, all of this

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

i kind of wish they had just ported LBP2 over to the PS4 when it launched instead of LBP3

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

They could learn a thing or two from super mario maker

m_csquare said:
They could learn a thing or two from super mario maker

I hear Mario Maker is really good and, when I see a kid, it would have been a dream come true but I never got it. The biggest reason is that the LBP series turned me off to user created content.

I hope so, since LBP is one of my favorite franchises.

Plus, I blame Sumo Digital for how LBP3 is. They are incompetent developers who should have never been given the go to make a LBP game in the first place. Even after 2 YEARS of the game being released they still haven't fixed the online to where I STILL have not been able to play a SINGLE online game without the extreme lag almost making it impossible. (And no, it's not my internet connection in case someone is wondering since on the original LBP I could easily play any online game with anyone else without the extreme lag LBP3 has).

I've been patient with them. They've had over 2 years to fix the fucking game but they still haven't. They won't even listen to simple community requests such as disabling automatic trailer playing in levels. That's why at this point they are just incompetent imo and they don't give a fuck.

I think the simple fact that they still haven't fixed the game to a decent functioning state after 2 years but are still trying to charge more money for DLC says a lot about them as a company. I've made a stance to not buying any DLC for LBP3 (even though I want to) because I will not support a company that doesn't give a shit about the game if they won't even be bothered to ever properly fix it. 

I liked the story mode though in LBP3 and I think in general that the game is pretty good IF IT ACTUALLY FUNCTIONED WELL. I would play it a lot more if they actually fixed the performance of the game.

The game freezes just looking for a level in the community menu!

It pisses me off thinking about LBP3 because if we never get another LBP game I fully blame Sumo Digital for that, they fucking ruined it.

I really hope that if we ever get another LBP game it's made by MediaMolecule, though seeing as how they're working on Dreams and that still hasn't released so even if they did decide to go back to LBP that would be a long way away from now. 

Edit: I wanna clarify, as I feel when I originally wrote this it came off as very harsh, but it was rightfully so imo as to what had happened with the game. I normally don't call developers incompetent or anything like that, and i'm against these types of things typically since I want everyone to be fair to all developers and give them a chance, but given at this point it had been years and none of the issues had been fixed but yet more paid DLC had been releasing it all just rubbed me the wrong way, and even clarifying this years later i'm pretty sure many of these issues if not all are still here. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 09 August 2021