By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Polygon: Zelda Breath of the Wild is the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years

S.Peelman said:

This is a good thing, the big Zelda games have been going in the right direction regarding difficulty level ever since it's low point at Wind Waker. Skyward Sword is more difficult than Twilight Princess is more difficult than Wind Waker. Breath of the Wild certainly doesn't need to be as difficult and cryptic as Zelda 1 and 2, but if the average returns to ALttP/OoT/MM levels and they take away from the difficulty curve of the first game (simply put, areas supposed to be visited later occupied by very strong enemies) then I'm all for it.

Those three you mentioned are among the easiest zelda games. The difficulty should be like Zelda 1!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
h2ohno said:
vivster said:
If that means you will have to aim a lot with shitty analog sticks count me out.

Aiming is done with motion controls.

I would actually prefer that if it's an option.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

S.Peelman said:

This is a good thing, the big Zelda games have been going in the right direction regarding difficulty level ever since it's low point at Wind Waker. Skyward Sword is more difficult than Twilight Princess is more difficult than Wind Waker. Breath of the Wild certainly doesn't need to be as difficult and cryptic as Zelda 1 and 2, but if the average returns to ALttP/OoT/MM levels and they take away from the difficulty curve of the first game (simply put, areas supposed to be visited later occupied by very strong enemies) then I'm all for it.

I agree, which is really unfortunate, because i love everything else on that game. It would be my favorite zelda no questions, if only the bosses were harder and dungeons less straightforward.

I will likely play on the harder mode in the DLC (since I will get the DLC for free :)) so this is great news! :)

Love it! 

Games these days are too easy.

Dark Souls and playing against super nerds online doesn't count :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
S.Peelman said:

Those three you mentioned are among the easiest zelda games. The difficulty should be like Zelda 1!

Yeah okay. It wouldn't be a bad thing if BotW is harder than those. They're more difficult than the other 3D games, but they and ALttP are a lot easier than the NES games, LA and the Oracles for sure.

Cool. Just hope it delivers where I care most when it comes to Zelda: dungeons, gadgets, and characters.

vivster said:
If that means you will have to aim a lot with shitty analog sticks count me out.

Gyroaiming, baby!

vivster said:
h2ohno said:

Aiming is done with motion controls.

I would actually prefer that if it's an option.

It is. You can turn it off and on.

After Skyward Sword a more difficult Zelda is definitely welcomed.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---