By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch battery life: 2h 48m when playing Zelda

curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:

How long do you play for in a gaming session?

I actually can't remember the last time I played more than two hours non-stop.

My gaming sessions are typically about 40 minutes to an hour.

I'm the other way around. Can't remember when was the last time I played that little. xD

Around the Network
Wright said:
curl-6 said:

I actually can't remember the last time I played more than two hours non-stop.

My gaming sessions are typically about 40 minutes to an hour.

I'm the other way around. Can't remember when was the last time I played that little. xD

These days I struggle to even get through movies that are over 2 hours, I just hate sitting still that long, I get restless and hyperactive haha

curl-6 said:
Wright said:

These days I struggle to even get through movies that are over 2 hours, I just hate sitting still that long, I get restless and hyperactive haha

For some reason, even though I supposedly have more duties and responsabilities, I just find myself with more time to waste/spend on leisure. As a consequence I really don't know how to administer time. I'd love to go watch a movie that lasted 5 hours, because at least I wouldn't have to worry about what to do during those 5 hours.

S.Peelman said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Game Boy POCKET had 8-10 battery life, look it up. 

Alright. Plant the goal-post there if you wish and ignore the point.

Is not that, I understand your point but I don't really share it

When going out you are rarely gonna be playing for more than 2 hours, and this thing can go as high as +6h, now sure some games can go as low as 2.45h on default settings but, do you really gonna need more? In some ocasions maybe, but on a daily basis? I just don't think so, and the act of charging it is so simple and natural, just leave it on the dock while you are not using it, and if you are out you can charge it in any plug, I don't see the big problem unless you wanna go to the forest and play Zelda in the middle of nowhere for the whole day and even in that strange scenario, portable batteries could be an option.

Lawlight said:
monocle_layton said:
Who plays for more than three hours straight? That's just unhealthy...

How long do you play for in a gaming session?

I never play for more than one hour at once. If I ever exceed it, I take a break and do something else such as walking, reading, etc.

Including breaks, I rarely exceed two hours. I also don't play on full brightness

Around the Network

please dont forget switch has a USB-C port. spent 20 bucks on a power bank and u can charge ur smartphone and switch anywhere

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

Don't worry yall, Nintendo has a solution for this problem. The all new, Switch XL.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Don't worry yall, Nintendo has a solution for this problem. The all new, Switch XL.

Dont forget to add "new" or "i" somewhere in there

ktay95 said:
Lawlight said:

Wasn't the OG 3DS 3-5 hours? The Switch is less than the lower limit so not really comparable.

3-5 hours isn't comparable to 2.5-6.5 hours... Okay then.

2h48m seems less than 3h to me.

m_csquare said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Dont forget to add "new" or "i" somewhere in there

Maybe they will revive the lite name. Obviously NIntendo wouldn't use Pro, Elite or some random numbers.