By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Hype. Is it real? or is it just hope?

Is the high attach rate of the nintendo switch:

Because NS is a magical machine 98 42.61%

Because Fans really want it to succeed 132 57.39%

Total:230

Initial sales will be phenomenal, tons of people want to move on from the 3DS and Wii U. But what happens after 6 months? after 1 year? 2??

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Nintendo gained a lot of traction this last year with Pokemon Go and the mini-Nes, I expect some of that enthusiasm to spread over to the Switch, especially initially, when Zelda will likely receive very high review scores. Whether that enthusiasm remains will have to be seen, but I do expect it to do quite well in the beginning. 

SubiyaCryolite said:
Initial sales will be phenomenal, tons of people want to move on from the 3DS and Wii U. But what happens after 6 months? after 1 year? 2??

After 9 months they will explode for sure, this Holidays are gonna be epic, beyond that I can't say, but I would say is looking good.

It's moslty Nintendo fans hoping it'll succeed, but there is indeed a lot of public interest that isn't blind fanboyism.

nice

The Switch will be bought by the Nintendo fans but it remains to be seen how many non Nintendofans will buy it over the course of its life.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I think at least this year may exceed ps4 sales, even tho it started later in the year. And for the holidays, Im sure the sales will skyrocket (more if they decide to put a game with the console), but yeah, the real question is, is it gonna last?

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I think they hype is real, as in, a lot of people are looking forward to it. It's gonna have good initial sales, for sure. I think people are hoping this will give Nintendo more relevance in the console home market once again, quality games for it are guaranteed regardless.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian