By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Hype. Is it real? or is it just hope?

Is the high attach rate of the nintendo switch:

Because NS is a magical machine 98 42.61%

Because Fans really want it to succeed 132 57.39%

Total:230

¿Porque no los dos?

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Has a Nintendo Portable failed yet?.

Virtual Boy The 3DS is the closest to that. A lot of people consider it a success, though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

i wont be buying switch after the wii and wiiu im done with nintendo.

the switch will sell well initially as all nintendo fans will rush out and buy one, once dist settles it will be behind the ps4 and x1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Pretty much the one gaming/business blogger who predicted Wii's success is currently predicting similar success for Switch - and he also predicted failure for the Wii U.. Take it for what it's worth.

It's tough to judge success off some hype and preorders. We'll of course need several months to see how things hold up. But what I can say with certainty is this the most hyped I've been for a Nintendo console since the Wii, and I didn't much care for the Wii U.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Just as real as the hate it gets on the internet, so yeah, pretty real.

Around the Network

From all the hate Nintendo and the Switch seem to get on the internet from fanboys and clickbait sites/youtubers it feels like there's more hope for it to fail than hope for it to succeed.

I would say both

There is definitely hype going with the Switch, but I am also hoping it will do well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Goodnightmoon said:
Just as real as the hate it gets on the internet, so yeah, pretty real.

wombat123 said:

From all the hate Nintendo and the Switch seem to get on the internet from fanboys and clickbait sites/youtubers it feels like there's more hope for it to fail than hope for it to succeed.

As is always the case for Nintendo.  In the Wii generation it succeeded in spite of this, but in the WiiU generation that hate stuck.  We'll see this time around, but I'm assuming with the handheld and console Nintendo fanbases joining forces that nothing will stop this console from at least beating the Gamecube's LTD.  That will be a huge bounce back after the WiiU.

Both those answers are correct and don't cancel each other out

StarDoor said:
The Wii U launched with 34 games. The Switch is launching with 10 games and still has a higher attach rate even when you include Nintendo Land in Wii U bundles. I think that speaks for itself; the hype is definitely real.

And really, if your explanation is that Nintendo fans are just buying a bunch of games because they want the Switch to succeed, why wouldn't that have also applied to the Wii U? If Nintendo fans are way more excited for the Switch, that just shows how much better of a product it is.

The reason that nintendo fans putting their money behind the switch launch to help it succeed applies to the switch more so than the Wii U is the simple fact that the Wii U was coming off the success of the Wii, so you have a sense of complacency,  where as with the switch you can argue that nintendo stalwarts are  making sure that the switch gets off to a great  start, so that's why you can make that case.

Now my way of thinking is even though you can make a case for fans assuring it's early success , it is more complex than that,  the Switch by it's very  design immediatly muddies the water, so questions like who is getting onboard is just as important as why , it opens many more questions than answers,  like who is  driving the launch pre-orders is it WiiU owners or are the majority of what is a much larger group, 3DS owners who don't own a Wii U coming on board ,all this and how it effects people who up to now have chosen to use either Sony or MS for their console gaming and the 3DS for handheld, also is it exciting the casual market, there are many more questions like these,  so my conclusion is these broader demographics are making a larger impact than those with a pro Nintendo agenda deliberately choosing to buy early success .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot