By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Hype. Is it real? or is it just hope?

Is the high attach rate of the nintendo switch:

Because NS is a magical machine 98 42.61%

Because Fans really want it to succeed 132 57.39%

Total:230

I have not heard anyone talk about Switch apart from this site. I don't think anyone in my family even knows a new system is coming and my brother and sister are 29 and 27 so kinda the target for video games. I've heard more people talk about Horizon.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
I have not heard anyone talk about Switch apart from this site. I don't think anyone in my family even knows a new system is coming and my brother and sister are 29 and 27 so kinda the target for video games. I've heard more people talk about Horizon.

Depends on your group of friends.  And the system hasn't even released.  Most people don't know about a product until it hits the shelves and the displays are up.

super_etecoon said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Depends on your group of friends.  And the system hasn't even released.  Most people don't know about a product until it hits the shelves and the displays are up.

well I'm comparing to PS4 and Xbox and they both had quite a bit of hype compared to this.  Also I'm a part of several large number facebook groups (a couple thousand so a good sample size) and while they aren't about games specifically many of the members are young and talk about other game related topics.  Again not a single mention of it.  I've seen some mention Zelda but more talk about other games.  Really saw a lot of stuff about the last console launch.  Hell even WiiU seemed to generate more buzz.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

That is you, because everyone is talking about the Switch at my job and not Horizon. Many people are aware of it.

I think it's real. Good number of people I know are interested or have bought. That wasn't true with WiiU.

Even my kids school friends all want it. Definitely not something that happened with WiiU.

Around the Network

i've seen more tv commercials for the switch than any other modern nintendo product

I think it's real.

Look at a YouTube content creator like Bounty. The guy has gone Switch crazy. He makes a new Switch buddy every 17 seconds. Now, look at the views of his Switch videos compared to his videos on other game related stuff.

At the very least, Switch equals views. Hopefully it translates into sales.

d21lewis said:
I don't know. MY hype is real, though. I'm taking vacation from work just to play it.

Me too

it's delusion born out of a chronic case of nostalgia

killeryoshis said:

I don't think it is just hope. It seems to be legit. Unless someone is playing games with us and is repeatly searching Switch.

Oh! Glad to see that bump from the Superbowl Ad 

Pocky Lover Boy!