By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a TRUE Paper Mario sequel?

Well would you?

Yahoo!! (Yes) 66 90.41%

D'oh I missed!! (No) 7 9.59%

Total:73

It's the only game that could sell me a Switch.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Sure, I'd buy a Paper Mario game in the style of the 64/Thousand Year Door one. Those games were pretty rad too. Really the only Paper Mario game that seems to be bad is Sticker Star. Color Splash was quite excellent in its own right, and... well, I dunno how Super Paper Mario is, so I can't comment on that.

I played the 64 game and really loved SPM. You should check it out if you ever get the chance.

Never played a paper Mario game or any Mario rpg for that matter but if it's good I'd buy it

Mar1217 said:
Give me M&L RPG on the Switch first ...

Mario and Luigi is such a great series. Cannot see how it is never mentioned when people talk about great Mario games

Considering the fact that what makes a "Paper Mario" game a "Paper Mario" game, is the fact that Mario and the other characters of the world are flat PAPER, and NOT simply traditional rpg mechanics, then no, I would not buy it simply predicated on that.

Me personally, I liked Super Paper Mario the best in the series. It still had the strong rpg elements, but it was also a fun (and hilarious) platformer. I liked that "hybrid" style, and would personally be most excited by seeing another game in THAT style.

But if an old school rpg Paper Mario was made again, AND it seemed appealing enough, I might get it, yes. Though to be honest with you, as rpg's go, it isn't as if the Paper Mario games (gameplay wise) were all that fantastic. It was originally meant to be an rpg for kids, not super challenging, like the SNES Mario RPG eventually got later in the game.

Around the Network

Yes

StarDoor said:
maxleresistant said:
If it was developped by another studio like Silicon Studios, Monolith, level 5 or SE.
Maybe. But by Nintendo? No. They are just dumbing down and dumbing down every series they have.

Yeah, they're really dumbing down that new Zelda game. Open world? No tutorials? Robust physics engine? Psh, how simplistic.

And I can't believe Nintendo is making a sandbox Mario game with a focus on large worlds and exploration. Why couldn't they actually do something innovative and ambitious, like a linear, fixed-camera platformer instead?

I knew someone was going to give me that example ^^

I don't think 1 series not being dumbed down out of 30 being dumbed down is significant of the all trend.

Hell yeah I would!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

pray4mojo said:
Cloudman said:
Sure, I'd buy a Paper Mario game in the style of the 64/Thousand Year Door one. Those games were pretty rad too. Really the only Paper Mario game that seems to be bad is Sticker Star. Color Splash was quite excellent in its own right, and... well, I dunno how Super Paper Mario is, so I can't comment on that.

I played the 64 game and really loved SPM. You should check it out if you ever get the chance.

I do have a copy of SPM, so I'll get to it at some point in time when I clear some other games

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'd rather have a Super Paper Mario sequel honestly, but sure, I'd buy it =P