By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Predicted To Sell 8 Million Units, Close To Uncharted 4

It's funny, predicting it would sell 4-5 million copies was perfectly reasonable. I don't think anyone guessed it would sell nearly 8 million units in its first year.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

When PS4 has a huuuge user base of almost 80 million.. its exclusive games better sell at least 8-10 million. Nothing impressive to me.

I trust no one, not even myself.

FattyDingDong said:
When PS4 has a huuuge user base of almost 80 million.. its exclusive games better sell at least 8-10 million. Nothing impressive to me.

Because exclusive games on the PS3/360 regularly sold 8-10m right?

No 8-10m isn't the norm just because it's selling to a 75m installbase, (around 55m at launch).

Even Wii games on that it installbase such as SMG2 didn't reach the 8m mark.

Haha, this thread is great. This must be how people felt reading my 5 million q4 prediction for Super Mario Odyssey

Teeqoz said:
Haha, this thread is great. This must be how people felt reading my 5 million q4 prediction for Super Mario Odyssey

What prediction?

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

Well, people should have taken that into account when predicting sales for the game, then.

FattyDingDong said:

Yeah, sure, cause there are so many new ip that can make +8M in the frist year, rigth. S/

Anyway, horizon is doing amazing numbers! Who would have thought that? Is it outselling halo?

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

What prediction?

It was a thread where we were asked to predict Nintendo's numbers from their Q4 financials. Stuff like BotW lifetime shipments, MK8D lifetime shipments, etc.

I did some very quick guesstimates, and most were pretty good, but I seriously underestimated SMO.

Congrats Horizon!

CGI-Quality said:
Manlytears said:

Yeah, sure, cause there are so many new ip that can make +8M in the frist year, rigth. S/

Anyway, horizon is doing amazing numbers! Who would have thought that? Is it outselling halo?

It may end up outselling every Halo but 3. 

Damn, amazing.

The game realy deserves it. The combat is so great and different, i mean, you realy fell like "you are the hunter, and you need to be smart to beat the robots, cause they are f*#@# strong."

You create traps, you attack weak spots, you can use the robots weapons, you create many different weapons and.... you always feels like head on combat is a bad idea, cause the f#$@ are so damn strong on high difficulty.