By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Milo Yiannopoulos book deal cancelled following outrage over child abuse comments

BMaker11 said:
Slimebeast said:

The witchhunt against Milo is a disgrace for Western democracy.

How can you cancel a whole book because of just one statement even if it was abhorrable (it wasn't). Scandal.

What? His statement wasn't abhorrable? He's trying to redefine pedophilia as being attracted to someone who hasn't hit puberty instead of being attracted to a child. He argues that once they've hit puberty, all bets are off. They're an "adult" and can "consent" (even though we have age of consent laws specifically because while you hit puberty at young age, you're still a child). Bear in mind that some kids hit puberty at 9 or 10. In Milo's world, it's ok to fuck them.

You're abhorrable for deflecting and, dare I say, defending Milo and his comment and calling it a "witch hunt". 

Did he propose that laws on this should be changed?

My interpretation is that he just means that there are cases where let's say a 16 year old can have sex with an adult and not take any damage (which is true). It's not the end of the world.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

So, in essence, what he said was ok, because we aren't discussing the right terminology? Ok, He's not defending pedophilia then. He's still saying it's ok to fuck a child as long as they've hit puberty. Forget putting a "term" on it, and then parsing words over that term so that he's "technically right". He's saying it's ok to fuck a child as long as they've hit puberty.

That. Is. Wrong. 

And not only that, it's disgusting. 

If you actually watched the videos, he didn't say that. He said that the age of consent laws are right how they are, but the situation is more complicated. Some fourteen year olds, which he believed he was one, can consent to sex because they are sexually, emotionally, and socially developed enough. And you'll notice, that the legal age of consent in various developed countries reflects this diversity in thought on the issue. 

Like I said, up until recently Spain had 13 years old as their age of consent, and Germany as well as other central European countries have age of consent of 14 years old. This was the age Milo was talking about his interactions with the priest whom he was defending, albeit he lived in the U.K which has an age of consent of 16 years old. 

There is an obvious and clear distinction between whether or not a pre-pubscent child can consent to sex and a post-pubescent teenager can. While it is questionable whether or not we should allow post-pubescent teens to consent, and the power the older person has over the teen is immense, it is not  the same thing as sexual abuse of pre-pubescent children whom don't even know what sex is. 

Bandorr said:
Slimebeast said:

How can you cancel a whole book because of just one statement even if it was abhorrable (it wasn't). Scandal.

The same way you uninvite him from the Conference and fire him from breitbart.

Multiple people threatened to quit if he didn't leave -and he left.

You can't claim it was the "evil liberal media" or anything like that.

The conversatives uploaded the movies. The conseratives uninvited him. And the most conservative website possible just fired him.

There is no witch hunt, just a lot of disgust for pedophiles.

What, Breitbart fired him already?

That's sad.

Bandorr said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
That's fucking gross. I never liked the guy, but that puts it over the line. This creep is gonna end up on a registry.

I hated that liberals never called out Lena Dunham over her scandal, and fuck the alt-righters that would defend this shit.

As far as the Lena Dunham scandal. Do you mean the story of her touching her sister.. when she was 7?

Can't really call that a scandal when you have no clue what you are doing, thinking, or even feeling at 7.

Although reading that passage in the book was rather disgusting, but when put into context of 7 year old - it is more strange/odd than pedophilia.

It went further than that. It was a variety of acts that happened up until she 17, that Lena thought would make amusing anecdotes in a book for some reason. I hate when people let their politics overshadow particularly heinous things. Like when people were rallying around Josh Duggar.

barneystinson69 said:
Slimebeast said:

Sorry, but I can't agree with you here. From what I'm hearing, he is a disgusting pig, and deserves this. Promoting pedophilia is a horrific thing to do, and I can't see why anyone who stand up for him. 

See SC94597s excellent post!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

What, Breitbart fired him already?

That's sad.

No, he quit out of consideration for his peers. 

Watch this

Milo was defeated by letting him speak

Rather ironic

Milo is a hero. I love the guy so much.

Bandorr said:
sc94597 said:

No, he quit out of consideration for his peers. 

Watch this

When at least 6 people threaten to quit unless he is fired  - he was fired. You can argue semantics of "He was fired", "he was let go", "they let him quit" etc.

If he actually had the support of the peers and website he wouldn't have quit. He would have written article after article. Constantly attacked the evil liberal, and basically done what he has constantly done.

Yet here he is - without a job. They most likely let him keep a little bit of his dignity by letting him quit. But let's not be fooled - if he didn't quit, he would have been fired.

If that were the case, I doubt he'd speak positively of Breitbart. There is a difference between resigning because you will be let go and being fired. One is a much more peaceful and mutual decision, the other -- not. 

And it wasn't liberals who made this push. It was conservatives at National Review who don't like Milo. 

Slimebeast said:

What does a critiscism against him has to do with democracy? Is he running for office? In a democracy you have the right to criticize anyone, whether you are right or wrong. So what is the disgrace?