By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

So...back to "Metacritic score doesn't matter!" ?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

I'm not seeing how that validates what you're saying. 

So what? Gonna ban me for stating my view on the matter? It's a review score for Christ's sake do you expect some sort of scientific proof?

"70" is a decent score. Accusing Jim of doing something for the clicks by giving the game a decent score doesn't make sense. Nothing clickbaity about it. Grow a thicker skin ffs

Usually, gamers reserve the "click bait review" awards for scores under 60.

Gourmet said:
CGI-Quality said:

So what? Gonna ban me for stating my view on the matter? It's a review score for Christ's sake do you expect some sort of scientific proof?

LurkerJ said:
"70" is a decent score. Accusing Jim of doing something for the clicks by giving the game a decent score doesn't make sense. Nothing clickbaity about it. Grow a thicker skin ffs

Usually, gamers reserve the "click bait review" awards for scores under 60.

Tbh just being the lowest on metacritic is enough to get more clicks, because it's somehow always on the front page. It's stupid (of metacritic) but I still agree it's probably not clickbait.

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
CGI-Quality said:

I sincerely hope you don't really believe that Jim is a PlayStation "fanboy".....

Beyond that, maybe they both liked Horizon more than Zelda. Nothing wrong with that.

Why not? Don't know this site but it's metacritic page really does suggest that. The Slant one even more.

Maybe it's about SJWism though? I heard Horizon is the epitome of feminist game, while some retards are still mad Link isn't a girl.

Yes, of course, it's those pesky SJWs giving games like Zelda low scores!

Gourmet said:
CGI-Quality said:

I think science went out the window once you went into zero chill mode and brought up feminism as a reason for the score. Ha!

malistix1985 said:
Jim Sterling is an excellent person of reflecting how much he likes- or dislikes a game the game just didn't grab him, maybe he has a different taste but watching his reviews, articles and video's I never got a vibe he was a fanboy.

Sometimes these things happen. For instance The Witcher 2 is a game I loved and really enjoyed. One of the best games I've ever played and this was years after it had already been out but the story/world was amazing to me and I loved it. Witcher 3 comes out and is praised by everyone and I thought the game was horrible. The story was so shallow and lazy "do X and I'll tell you, do X and I'll tell you a little more, ok no go over and here and do X for someone else and they'll tell you a little more". It was so underwhelming that after 20 hours of hoping this story picks up I dropped the game altogether and moved on. Meanwhile everyone else is loving the game.

"Rather than fully mimic the Dark Souls combat it half-heartedly aims for, Breath simply pumps up the monsters’ ability to do damage, resulting in a lot of one-hit kills even once Link finds and upgrades some decent armor or puts a lot of shrinework into gaining heart containers. It’s a cheap and dirty way of making any game more “challenging” and I can’t say I find it particularly edifying.

The other major point of contention holding back combat is – and you know I have to say it – weapon durability.

It’s hardly surprising the people of Hyrule can’t definitively put Ganon away since we’ve now learned their swords are made out of glass and wishes. Weapons break in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. They break a LOT, to the point where it starts looking absolutely pathetic, to the point where you wonder why every blacksmith in the world hasn’t been fired or thrown in jail for gross incompetence."

"Yes, every shrine is technically optional in the same way not rocking up to Ganon’s front door and assaulting his forces with a tree branch is – you can do whatever you like, but if you want to have a solid chance of actually succeeding, there is a proper, preconstructed way of doing things, and the proper way of handling shrines is to complete them on sight lest lose track of them – finish as many of them as possible, as close to all 120 of the bloody things as you can."

If these are really part of that review, this proves once again how useless are.

Some people will like and other don't weapon degradation and stamina systems.

And lol at the preconstructed part when there's already a speedrun. Btw, it seems like he doesn't know it is impossible to lose track of the shrines considering they activate as fast travel points and the lousy radar.

That's why I think overviews are best. But I doubt this person is capable of do that.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Its a great game, but there are a few things that annoy me.

The framerate drops aren't too bad, but they are noticeable. In the Lost Forest where the Deku Tree is, its bad.

Weapons break way too easily. Some after just 10 hits on an enemy.

The blood moon comes up way too often. I don't mind enemies respawning. Its just annoying to wait for like 20 seconds every time it happens. Sometimes only like 10 minutes between blood moons.

Other than that the game is amazing.