By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Zekkyou said:

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
VGPolyglot said:
Breath of the Wild is now officially part of an esteemed group only surpassed by Ocarina of Time and matched by Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Soulcalibur and Grand Theft Auto IV!

I thought it was still above Soulcalibur?

I said matched, because the four games have a 98.

I guessed 97, but at this point, I dont care one bit if I miss it by one point!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ok usually I can substract give or take 20 points from the metascore to get my personal score for a Zelda game, so this means I can look forward to at least a very good game for my taste. Hype!!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:
I guess I need to finally play WindWaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Why?

I have issues, can't play a game without playing it's predecessors. Whether it's Uncharted, Zelda or Kingdom Hearts. I HAVE to start from the beginning. Though luckily my mental insanity decided 3d Zelda was seperate, so I could start from Ocarina.

Around the Network

How many reviews are still pending, though? And I saw one as low as 90, another one like that could hurt.

Hoping it stays at 98.

I do have a question though, if the average is 99.5 or 99.6, will they round up to 100?

Barkley said:
tak13 said:

What's the score of wii u version? I'm bored to browse it in the metacritic site... hahah

0 Reviews, maybe Nintendo only sent out the Switch version to reviewers...

Chaimo said:
tak13 said:

What's the score of wii u version? I'm bored to browse it in the metacritic site... hahah

No score yet. They didn't even mentionend the Wii U version in the Switch reviews i've seen. :(

BraLoD said:
tak13 said:

Nobody has reviewed it for the Wii U, sadly.
That could have been the Wii U killer app, if it didn't have come so late to the party, it could have put some new life on it.

Thank you guys... :(

Expected, wii u  has been forgotten... Switch hype and drop of wii u support since mid 2016, purposely low shipments and  production ceasement in the end of 2016...

Of course Nintendo wants most people to buy a switch and by extend the game! Nintendo intends to push wii u owners to switch, so wii u version shipments won't be congruent with demand...

As for what you said bralod... Definetely true, just like Mario kart 8 did in 2014, or splatoon ( mainly  in Japan ) in 2015! It would be the second coming of wii u, this and a 50$ price drop could have made it to outsell cheap GC...  This game was what wii u was needing for its sales to resurge in the NA/USA in late 2015, all these years we have seen from sales that NA ( USA ) adores zelda.

However, Nintendo needed as soon as possible, a home gaming system ( Even if it might be 3DS successor, Nintendo calls it like this ) that regardless the sales, will be making enough profit... Wii u wasn't capable of that, with that costly tablet controller ( 80$ to manufacture, 110$ commercial price ) made losses for two years and then Nintendo didn't earn much money from the hardware unlike with previous commercially flopped home consoles.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

I have issues, can't play a game without playing it's predecessors. Whether it's Uncharted, Zelda or Kingdom Hearts. I HAVE to start from the beginning. Though luckily my mental insanity decided 3d Zelda was seperate, so I could start from Ocarina.

Zelda isn't a series with straight continuity and every game's story stands on its own. As far as the official timeline is concerned (something that I don't put any stock in because in my opinion the whole thing was made up on the fly), Skyward Sword is the beginning. Plus all of the 2D games are part of the timeline too.

You might as well just play the games that you are truly interested in instead of forcing yourself through three games that are nothing like the one you want to play.

Yeah I know, though I've always intended to play those three games anyway. I just never seem to get round to it. I finally played Ocarina last year and loved it. Majora's I wasn't enjoying as much, and I think my save corrupted when I was about 8 hours into the game so I just abandoned it.

98 is awesome. I can't wait to play Zelda tomorrow.

yeah from what i seen the game doesnt deserve this scores. but who cares what i think lol. enjoy it guys.