By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Duterte decreased Crime Rate in the Philippines by 13%!

irstupid said:
Won't be long until you have liberals over there complaining about all the "non-violent" drug offenders in jail. They get released and crime once again goes up.

That's what happened here in America. We had our war on drugs, started by Bill Clinton, and it reduced crime huge from the 90's. Yet now we are thinking that all those people in prison for drug related offenses should be released and also lax on our drug enforcement and crime is once again going up.

I usually don't bother correcting people on this site these days but this one is a whopper. The first thing I have to point out is the fact that the escalation in prohibition that we call the "War on Drugs" began under Nixon, not Clinton. Furthermore, the violent crime rate in America was approximately 400 per 100,000 at the outset of this policy shift in 1971 and approximately 750 per 100,000 in 1991.

Using the campaign in the Philippines to justify America's failed authoritarian drug policies makes about as much sense as using Japan's gun laws and their culture to justify expanding gun control in the United States. There are too many differences between these nations and their situations to make any direct comparisons.

Also, when you Dismiss people who disagree with you as liberal because they correctly assert that non-violent drug offenders should not be in prison makes you look tribal and ignorant. Go ahead and keep stumping for your massive nanny-state, all it does is waste resources, create internal divisions and expand the role of government.

Around the Network

Violence works? Shocker! XD

Goodnightmoon said:

"Hitler massacred 3 million Jews. Now there is 3 million, what is it, 3 million drug addicts (in the Philippines), there are," he said in a speech in his hometown of Davao City.

"I'd be happy to slaughter them. At least if Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have (me). You know my victims, I would like (them) to be all criminals, to finish the problem of my country and save the next generation from perdition."

What a GREAT man! lmao

You have to understand that most Asian people don't give a shit about the Jews and it's a 3rd world problem to them, it's not like a lot of western people know much about the genocides in Asia either, way worse has happened.

method114 said:
irstupid said:
Won't be long until you have liberals over there complaining about all the "non-violent" drug offenders in jail. They get released and crime once again goes up.

That's what happened here in America. We had our war on drugs, started by Bill Clinton, and it reduced crime huge from the 90's. Yet now we are thinking that all those people in prison for drug related offenses should be released and also lax on our drug enforcement and crime is once again going up.

That's because we're taking half measures. If we legalize everything there so nothing else to sell and we can move on from worrying about drug dealers and drug wars and focus on helping addicts.

Keep thinking legalizing everything will stop narcotic traffic. Also, keep thinking that all drug dealers will suddenly become good persons just because drugs are legalized. It would just increase violent crimes, because they would go after the money in other, and probably more violent, ways.

Puppyroach said:
Crime always decrease in fascist societies, it's a natural consequence of having the government becoming the biggest criminal of them all.

About the use of the word "fascist" nowadays:

Ka-pi96 said:
dahuman said:

You have to understand that most Asian people don't give a shit about the Jews and it's a 3rd world problem to them, it's not like a lot of western people know much about the genocides in Asia either, way worse has happened.

True, but they also don't usually compare themselves to them. Can you imagine if the leader of a European or North American country said they wanted to be like Pol Pot or something?

People wouldn't even know what the fuck that person would be talking about, much like how people don't know wtf he was saying about Hitler lol.

Around the Network

I mean, if you're really going to celebrate just murdering everyone who breaks the law, go for it, I suppose. Not quite sure that's something to be proud of myself, but hey.

13% seems kinda low lol given how extreme his tactics are.

MarkkyStorm said:
method114 said:

That's because we're taking half measures. If we legalize everything there so nothing else to sell and we can move on from worrying about drug dealers and drug wars and focus on helping addicts.

Keep thinking legalizing everything will stop narcotic traffic. Also, keep thinking that all drug dealers will suddenly become good persons just because drugs are legalized. It would just increase violent crimes, because they would go after the money in other, and probably more violent, ways.

Puppyroach said:
Crime always decrease in fascist societies, it's a natural consequence of having the government becoming the biggest criminal of them all.

About the use of the word "fascist" nowadays:

You might want to look up the word yourself. An autocratic leader that puts the need of the government above the individual and enact it's law through violence is exactly where fascism starts. Soon you will see him work towards eliminating opposition and trying with any means to stay in power as long as possible.

good on Duterte, kill them all. I would be happy if any nation with big drug problems just started executing smugglers and those that sell the drugs illegally.

I would do the same with those criminal Rapefuuges that come from Arab countries and Africa, i would kill any and all that either Rape or murder any of our citizens. Dont give them prison but rather simply put them 6 feet under.

User moderated - Bristow9091

In the US more than 52,404 people died last year of drug overdose, 4x as many who died by gun homicides (13000 excluding suicides). Even heroin alone kills more Americans than guns. It is by far not just some people smoking a doobie.

Heroin deaths rose 23 percent in one year, to 12,989, slightly higher than the number of gun homicides...
Overall, overdose deaths rose 11 percent last year, to 52,404. Gun deaths, including homicides and suicides, totaled 36,252, up 7 percent.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/12/09/opoid-overdose-deaths-us/