By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF] New Moderator Announcement - February 2017

Peh said:
Seeing a lot of people not knowing them, is it good to place mods which are apparently rarely on this site? This could also be the case that those are only active in a particular topic.

To see how much damage inexperienced, i.e. inactive, mods can do you just have to look at my mod history.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Peh said:
Seeing a lot of people not knowing them, is it good to place mods which are apparently rarely on this site? This could also be the case that those are only active in a particular topic.

Let me ask you this question which is better.

1. Someone that isn't known - or someone that is highly contentious?

Why they are known is more important than IF they are known imo.

That said - I had no clue who CQI Quality was. Now they are one of my favorite mods(Wink, Bribe).

So it is probably better to stare with a "clean slate" of someone you don't know - than someone that is...

1.  None of those at this moment. I rather prefer someone who is more frequent on the site first, and then verify his personality second. 

CGI-Quality is a really active poster.

He has 41230 posts since 21/08/08.

And Bristow9091 has 4737 posts since 02/08/10. No offense.

Well, he can be lurking all the time. I don't know. I'm just saying this, because as far as I heard, the last mods went offline for too long.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Congrats, guys! I'm sure all 3 will be good mods.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:
Anyone else hearing "ding dong the witch is dead" in their head right now? I was it was stoppable.

Also I thought Platina was already a mod.
No clue who aura is (although the avatar is familiar).
And congrats to Bristow.

If we are going to start with moderating someone, let's start with one of the "less evils" and go with vivster first.

If we exclude vivster's posts on this site, has he ever done anything wrong?

*checks the amount of vivster posts: 19710 posts since 01/12/13*

wow. This is evil.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Party like it's 1984. Am I doing it right?

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
RolStoppable said:

If we exclude vivster's posts on this site, has he ever done anything wrong?

Yes, but thats classified. You don't have the access to that information.

Apparently even classified to myself.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bristow9091 said:
Peh said:

1.  None of those at this moment. I rather prefer someone who is more frequent on the site first, and then verify his personality second. 

Well, he can be lurking all the time. I don't know. I'm just saying this, because as far as I heard, the last mods went offline for too long.

No offence taken :) 

If it makes you feel any better, more than half of those posts have come within the last couple of years... it's sort of the other way around, back when I made my account I was a lurker and didn't post much, now I try and post everday, sometimes I'll even go into double digits per day, depending on the threads that interest me lol.

In times where I don't post, I'm still here, lurking in the shadows, watching over you! :P

That's good to hear. Now I can sleep better at night :3

RolStoppable said:
Peh said:

Mods being missing in action doesn't correlate with their activity level at the time of their promotion. It's usually a consequence of them slowly realizing that they don't like the job very much and finding it increasingly harder to get themselves to visit the site.

Yes. This is also true. I cannot know how active they are/were in the background. All I can hope for is that the mods which are currently there, stay active and do their work.

vivster said:
Bandorr said:

Yes, but thats classified. You don't have the access to that information.

Government memory wipes are the shit. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Bandorr said:
vivster said:

You're the one that asked us to wipe your mind.  It is safer this way.

So I can still act self righteous without being a hypocrite? Awesome!