Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF] New Moderator Announcement - February 2017

RolStoppable said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Like I said I know it isn't a popularity contest but I feel Im in most areas of the forum and I recognise pixel tidus avatarr and platina ofc, but Aura I legit think this is the first time seeing his name/avatar and thinking anything of it.

Still though doesnt mean they wont be good mods ofc, could be just in diff threads to me or just always there, silently judging us all.

I was only answering why none of them have posted yet.

Perhaps the mod team should listen to vivster's suggestion and provide a brief explanation (even if it's just one sentence) for why someone was chosen as a mod. That could also improve the feedback they ask for with their survey, although it obviously wouldn't matter in cases where users don't know a new mod at all.

I guess th eidea is that we will see over the next few weeks what their plan is (badass like Khan or nice smeags mod) rather than just spell it out in a post, remember

Show, dont tell!

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

I guess th eidea is that we will see over the next few weeks what their plan is (badass like Khan or nice smeags mod) rather than just spell it out in a post, remember

Show, dont tell!

I meant more in the sense of something like "We hired this person to fill the void in political discussions, something which previously nobody on the team wanted to deal with."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

guiduc said:
(...)

You showing up here reminds me of last year's slap in the face. This is how the mod team's discussion must have played out:

"Who else should we bring on the team?"
"How about Rol?"
"Nah, he has an image of being a hardcore Nintendo fan and he would rule with an iron fist."
"Indeed, he is too ruthless."
"So who else do we have left to choose from?"
"There's this guy with a Super Mario Stalin avatar."
"Yes!!! This is the image we've been looking for. guiduc is our man!"

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
guiduc said:
(...)

You showing up here reminds me of last year's slap in the face. This is how the mod team's discussion must have played out:

"How about Rol?"
"Nah, he has an image of being a hardcore Nintendo fan and he would rule with an iron fist."

yeaaa... i dont think this comment is necessary

m_csquare said:

Because you have no sense of humor?

Around the Network

Rol snubbed again. RIP VGC.

Also, I have no idea who any of these people are!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

RolStoppable said:
m_csquare said:

Because you have no sense of humor?

passive aggressiveness is the best humor indeed

Congrats Bristow. You rightfully deserve it

RolStoppable said:
guiduc said:
(...)

"How about Rol?"

Funny enough is that by times I was considered too severe with users sanctions. But yes, my Mario avatar was probably the very reason they chose me. And my very good application letter.

I'll be frank with ya, I think we need you as a regular member. I started posting way less when I became mod and my presence diminished quite sternly on VG until I asked them to put me back as a reg. It's hard to explain but responsabilities is such a hardship when you try to mingle I became unknown to a lot of users. You spend more time thinking about how to deal with situations rather than share the joy of playing (and trolling people, in your case).

If it becomes too much unbearable to you (from what I'm seeing with your attitude in this thread), I suggest you start acting like someone who could potentially become a mod. Until that, you will remain a regular and it's probably the best thing that could happen to you. You don't strike me as someone who could give away his liberty.

guiduc said:

Funny enough is that by times I was considered too severe with users sanctions. But yes, my Mario avatar was probably the very reason they chose me. And my very good application letter.

I'll be frank with ya, I think we need you as a regular member. I started posting way less when I became mod and my presence diminished quite sternly on VG until I asked them to put me back as a reg. It's hard to explain but responsabilities is such a hardship when you try to mingle I became unknown to a lot of users. You spend more time thinking about how to deal with situations rather than share the joy of playing (and trolling people, in your case).

If it becomes too much unbearable to you (from what I'm seeing with your attitude in this thread) and it's really itching ya, I suggest you start acting like someone who could potentially become a mod. Until that, you will remain a regular and it's probably the best thing that could happen to you. You don't strike me as someone who could give away his liberty.

Thanks, man. This is the kind of support I need to prevail against the head mods.

I honestly mean it.