By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:

Compare

"In addition, in the U.S., Xbox One had its best January to date and was the only eighth generation console that saw growth in January compared to the prior year according to NPD Group"

Which gives us the same info to

"Xbox One sales grew year-over-year in January, something that cannot be said for the PS4, according to Microsoft."

One is far more mature than the other.

Which one is more mature?

The one with more guns.

Around the Network

MS January has always been poor, so even a small price cut can lead it to be the biggest Jan ever for XB1. The true test will be February, with its oddly massive sales. PS4 will be down yoy again for sure, no way it hits 400k.

So PS4 sales have been down YOY for the last 7 months then.

Farsala said:

MS January has always been poor, so even a small price cut can lead it to be the biggest Jan ever for XB1. The true test will be February, with its oddly massive sales. PS4 will be down yoy again for sure, no way it hits 400k.

I think Xbox will be up in February because early last year Xbox was doing really bad. And halo wars should help a little. PS4 like you said will be down most likely. I believe PS4 has been down YOY every month since June. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

PS4 down and still Xbox loses more than it wins

must be frustrating for them. they don't have anything to really push until Scorpio either. Halo Wars 2 hype seems non-existent. this is what happens in these months when you've been lazy and haven't invested in more exclusives

Around the Network
Hiku said:

"and was the only eighth generation console that saw growth in January compared to the prior year"

That shade though.

Lol yeah. I love it! XD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:

Don't know about 400k but Sony have a temporary price cut during February so they should do respectable numbers at least. 

When was the last time Sony said anything for the NPD?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jason1637 said:
So PS4 sales have been down YOY for the last 7 months then.

You should take responsibility for your words.

Jan NPD is coming this thursday. My predictions
PS4- 200k
XB1- 170k
3DS- 60k
RE7- 800K PS4- 500K XB1- 300k

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=225485&page=6#17

Jranation said:
When was the last time Sony said anything for the NPD?

March 2016