By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you care about cover art?

Do you care about Cover Art on games?

Yes, it is very important 42 47.73%

It is somewhat important 29 32.95%

I don't care 14 15.91%

I actively hate cover art 0 0%

See Results 3 3.41%

Total:88

Not in the least

Around the Network

Yeah I love cover arts. I love it when Devs put cool cover arts on the other side too. I have Doom and TLoU flipped because they have epic cover arts on the inside.

Thank you for all the responses, nice to see I'm not alone.

OdinHades said:
I bought a 3DS XL with Animal Crossing some years ago just because the box looked so nice. I'm not kidding. I don't even like Animal Crossing. So yes.

That's impressive. In SNES days I had a few impulse buys like that. These days with internet I know what games I want, but I like seeing some great design and artwork on game I am excited about.

Yes and No.
I like to buy digital. Less storage in house and convenience. Though I do like seeing cool art. Heck I almost decided to go physical for the Switch based on the some of the cool cover arts. I had the Special Edition pre-ordered to get that carrying case that I could fit a bunch of cards in.

But then I decided no, and am going to continue going digital. Again all because I don't want to have a 1000 dvd/game cases filling up bookshelves. Prefer to have them filled with nice hard cover books.

Of course I prefer good cover art over bad, but for me it isn't important at all. I never put my 3DS games in their boxes anyways.

Around the Network

Don't judge a game by its cover.

Sure. I remember liking the cover art for the Japanese releases of SM64 and FFVII more than their North American counterparts. For me, the impression can be lasting.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If its bad then I bitch about it for 1 day...... then that's it. In no way does it impact in me purchasing the game or not.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

GoOnKid said:

Don't judge a game by its cover.

Agreed, but I do like it when the cover matches the games quality.

Yes, although not enough to not buy something if it has bad cover art.