By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tabata: Nope To FFXV On Switch; Would Like To See Android Apps On Switch

Captain_Yuri said:

Meh... This game sucks anyway. Nobody would buy this game on nintendo console... I mean, I don't like incomplete games so...

Although, do we need a thread every time a game doesn't come to switch? Specially if the game was garbage anyway?

Having finally gotten the time to mostly finish it, I disagree that it's incomplete. Structurally flawed? Absolutely. The scars of its wonky development are clear, especially with how the narrative is structured. The jump from Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 in particular feels like you're transitioning into to a different game. That aside though, it's got most of what I'd expect. The story is a little shorter than I'd like, but it has a plethora of side quests (200+), a good sized world, bonus games like fishing, chocobo racing, etc, and there's plenty of optional but fully fleshed out content like extra dungeons, the vaults, and the end-game boss.

Don't get me wrong, while I've enjoyed FF15 a lot i think it's got plenty of flaws outside of core structural ones. A lot of the side quests are highly unoriginal, some areas of the map could have done with a bit more fleshing out, and the car gets tedious quickly, but i still don't think the game is incomplete. Preemptively placing the story threads for the future DLC was pretty dumb, but an arguably silly decisions isn't indicative of an incomplete game. Either the DLC doesn't exist and those threads aren't placed, or the DLC is part of the game and something else is cut. The end result is the same; what we have is the culmination of what appears to be around 4 years of proper development, on a game originally announced a decade ago. There's a limit to how much longer SE could keep it from release. While i wish it could have been more, the general consensus appears to be that it's still a pretty good game. Not the decade-hyped masterpiece some of us hoped for, but good none the less. 

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Valdath said:

How is Square ignoring the 3DS? they are probably the biggest third party supporter of the 3DS.

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Dragon Quest VII remake

Dragon Quest VIII remake

Dragon Quest Monsters Remake

Dragon Quest Monsters Remake 2

Dragon Quest X stream

Dragon Quest XI

Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

Dragon Quest Theatrhythm

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call

Final Fantasy Explorers

Heroes of Ruin

Can we please get one big budget home console game? Is that ok sir? or does every game have to have PS2 graphics and only be playable on a 240p screen?

Final Fantasy XV on 3DS would be a worse game with less worldwide sales, so it wouldn't even make business sense.

That is unless you want almost every franchise to become handheld only with just 1 or 2 years of development.

Where did I say they ignored the 3DS? Reading comprehension is hard it seems. We're talking about mainline FF games. Where's Final Fantasy's A Link between Worlds?

You have Bravely Default for that, Final Fantasy mainline doesn't belong on handheld systems.

Valdath said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Where did I say they ignored the 3DS? Reading comprehension is hard it seems. We're talking about mainline FF games. Where's Final Fantasy's A Link between Worlds?

You have Bravely Default for that, Final Fantasy mainline doesn't belong on handheld systems.

What a stupid thing to say based on absolutely nothing. 

Nintendo has been developing franchises for both handheld and home consoles for years with great success, but somehow FF is too "good" for that? How entitled can you get. 

You must love getting less games. 

Bravely Default has nothing to do with this discussion anyway, it's not FF and it wasn't even a good game (thanks to the BS last chapters). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Valdath said:

Nintendo has been developing franchises for both handheld and home consoles for years with great success, but somehow FF is too "good" for that? How entitled can you get. 

Bravely Default has nothing to do with this discussion anyway, it's not FF and it wasn't even a good game (thanks to the BS last chapters). 

"What a stupid thing to say"

m8 you're the one asking for a mainline final fantasy on handhelds.

Please tell me the last Final Fantasy mainline game developed for handhelds.

Exactly, Final Fantasy mainline simply doesn't belong on handhelds.

Valdath said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Great logic. I'll tell Nintendo to cancel Arms because a mainline Arms has never been developed for a console before. 

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Valdath said:

Great logic. I'll tell Nintendo to cancel Arms because a mainline Arms has never been developed for a console before. 

I'm just glad SE never wasted a mainline Final Fantasy game on handhelds.

Valdath said:
Alkibiádēs said:

You're glad for less games? Great logic. 

Nobody is saying that the handheld games should come at the expense of home console games. 

Most FF games wish they were as good as ALBW. 

Alkibiádēs said:
Valdath said:

Nobody is saying that the handheld games should come at the expense of home console games. 

ALBW is a great game one of the best on the 3DS but i wouldn't trade it for any FF home console game, they are different things.

I'm not glad for less games, i'm glad mainlne FF stays on home consoles so it can push graphics and production values as much as it can.

Spin off for handhelds works great, no need to change it.

Zekkyou said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Meh... This game sucks anyway. Nobody would buy this game on nintendo console... I mean, I don't like incomplete games so...

Although, do we need a thread every time a game doesn't come to switch? Specially if the game was garbage anyway?

Having finally gotten the time to mostly finish it, I disagree that it's incomplete. Structurally flawed? Absolutely. The scars of its wonky development are clear, especially with how the narrative is structured. The jump from Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 in particular feels like you're transitioning into to a different game. That aside though, it's got most of what I'd expect. The story is a little shorter than I'd like, but it has a plethora of side quests (200+), a good sized world, bonus games like fishing, chocobo racing, etc, and there's plenty of optional but fully fleshed out content like extra dungeons, the vaults, and the end-game boss.

Don't get me wrong, while I've enjoyed FF15 a lot i think it's got plenty of flaws outside of core structural ones. A lot of the side quests are highly unoriginal, some areas of the map could have done with a bit more fleshing out, and the car gets tedious quickly, but i still don't think the game is incomplete. Preemptively placing the story threads for the future DLC was pretty dumb, but an arguably silly decisions isn't indicative of an incomplete game. Either the DLC doesn't exist and those threads aren't placed, or the DLC is part of the game and something else is cut. The end result is the same; what we have is the culmination of what appears to be around 4 years of proper development, on a game originally announced a decade ago. There's a limit to how much longer SE could keep it from release. While i wish it could have been more, the general consensus appears to be that it's still a pretty good game. Not the decade-hyped masterpiece some of us hoped for, but good none the less. 

You sure took it seriously huh? 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8292630

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Alkibiádēs said:
Valdath said:

FF is a franchise just like any other AAA game, it just doesn`t belong there becasue the series craved a reputation of technological and graphical vanguardism, and this is one of the main selling points of it. Questioning why there`s no main FF on handelheld is the same thing as questioning why  there`s no Call Of Duty, Gears Of War, Assassin`s Creed or pretty much any modern AAA game on handelheld. And understand one thing, FF is a series that sells the most at West, even being a Japanese game, releasing on 3DS or Switch could work maybe for Japan, but would alienate a graphical hungry demographic in western countries. And this is not new, FF has been on this side of the fence since SNES, and it was what made the series great. Imagine if they didn`t pursue that with FF VII, pursuing techonological advancements at the time is what propelled the franchise to status it has now.