By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tabata: Nope To FFXV On Switch; Would Like To See Android Apps On Switch

Didn't think so

I also wonder if the Switch will be compatible to android games..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The coldest, hardest reality. No. Just no. Can we talk about android? That would be cool............:(

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

invetedlotus123 said:

Nintendo fans are the little monster of videogame world, always bashing anyone that dare to say anything about Nintendo or their consoles and unable to see any failure in anything Nintendo does.

Or in this case any game that doesn`t come to Switch " It was shit, Nintendo don`t need that, NINTENDO IP`S ARE THE ONLY THING THE MATTARRRR" kind of attitude.

If Wii U proved anything is that 3rd party does matter for a console. 

Nintendo Fanboys=Sony Fanboys=Microsoft Fanboys

No fanboys are any worse than each other, your going to find the same type of people that blurt out baseless statements with generally nothing to back it up, may it be for praising their favourite company or slandering it's competition.

It's not like they speak for or make up the majority of their company's fanbase anyways.

invetedlotus123 said:
S.Peelman said:

Thank you.

I was just about to say that. It's getting pretty annoying, not necessarily from invetedlotus123 but in general, seeing these sweeping generalizations while there's actually plenty of "Nintendo fans" (if you really want to categorize people) here being pretty critical. Myself among them.

The problem is that everytime a developer says they are not bringing they`re game to the platform the threads are filled with this kind of comment. Or even when someone says something like, Switch is underpowered, there are an outrage of people saying that graphics doesn`t matter and we should focus on gameplay and that this will for better graphics is destroying the industry and then it goes downhill from there. 

I do not care for your excuse. You are making a very generalized statement that holds no water when people like us are also in the topic and do not fit your stereotype. Maybe you need to stop it. It makes you look bad and does nothing to quell the issues you have with a certain fanbase. Not all Nintendo fans act in a certain way and when you come in and say things like that, you are being ignorant.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Alkibiádēs said:
invetedlotus123 said:

We`re going to have an idea how it will work now with DQ XI being on both PS4, Switch and 3DS. And as a Final Fantasy fans, I think it`s a bad idea to do so. FF fans do care about cutting edge visuals, if they think Switch somehow level down what that could have been whitout this version is a shoot on the foot. Look what happend with FF XIII and X360, people complaining that the game was butchered for the 360 were everywhere.

And as I said before in another thread, the best approach for third party on Switch is to make custom experiences for it like they do with 3DS and did with Wii. It`s the best way to please the consumer and to respect the games by no butching them to fit Switch limitations.

DQ XI looks much better than FF XV to me. 

I'm honestly surprised there are more than a million people wanting to buy a game with a Korean boyband in it lol. 

And I really doubt FF fans are such big graphic whores that they would just abandon playing a franchise they supposedly love just because it will come out on the Switch as well. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 compares to FF XV in terms of overworld and critical reception. 

But they are two very different art styles, DQ series uses an anime-esque style that keeps very good to look at even when the game has aged, like DQ VIII visuals are still pleasing. FF went for the realistic route and they need to bring visuals every main installment, it`s one of the series selling points and I don`t see what is wrong about liking graphics and realism. Many franchises built themselves on the realistic proposal like Gran Turismo.

Around the Network
GhaudePhaede010 said:
invetedlotus123 said:

The problem is that everytime a developer says they are not bringing they`re game to the platform the threads are filled with this kind of comment. Or even when someone says something like, Switch is underpowered, there are an outrage of people saying that graphics doesn`t matter and we should focus on gameplay and that this will for better graphics is destroying the industry and then it goes downhill from there. 

I do not care for your excuse. You are making a very generalized statement that holds no water when people like us are also in the topic and do not fit your stereotype. Maybe you need to stop it. It makes you look bad and does nothing to quell the issues you have with a certain fanbase. Not all Nintendo fans act in a certain way and when you come in and say things like that, you are being ignorant.

ok.

There are probably quite a few current gen games that could run on Switch, but FFXV definitely isn't one of them.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Kingdom Hearts 3, though.

I get nothing but Wii vibes from the commercials showing happy people with their motion controls and lack of third party support. They could've named the system Wii U2.

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

they broke even on release

Very frontloaded game. Never said they were going to lose money on FF XV anyway. I said they were getting little return on their investment. 

In the time it took Square to make FF XV, Gamefreak released like 8 mainline Pokémon games or something, all of which sold better than FF XV will.

Even ignoring that FF15's development was far from normal (even for Final Fantasy), comparisons like this are silly. Zelda's home console entries release even slower than Final Fantasy, should we mock Nintendo for also having hundreds of people spending years working on a game that'll be outsold every year by Pokemon? Of course not, because that'd be ridiculously. 

Regardless to how you personally feel, the core home console entries of series like Final Fantasy and Zelda thrive in an environment of scarcity and anticipation. While they don't always make the right choices, pumping them out every year wouldn't make them the next Pokemon or Call of Duty, it'd see their long-term sustainability cut short. Seeing as both series continue to be made, their respective publishers clearly consider the overall process worth it. Nintendo and SE are seemingly unconcerned that neither series compares to the sale of one of the most successful and easily produced IP in the world  

It was always a bit of a stretch. While FF15 is a beautiful game, even the PS4 version has clear compromises. Dynamic resolution, some lacking LoD fields, sub-par in-game facial animations, long loading screens, etc. Getting it to run on the Switch, or more specifically it's portable mode, would require the port to either be shit or totally re-engineered. It's not impossible, but I can see why SE wouldn't consider it a worthwhile venture.