By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tabata: Nope To FFXV On Switch; Would Like To See Android Apps On Switch

oniyide said:
World of Final Fantasy would make more sense on Switch

And/or Dragon Quest Builders. Not only are these titles less technically taxing, but they're simpler and more accessible.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

ok...if they already broke even and the game just came out, how are they going to get little return on their investment? Its just profit from here on out

It doesn't exactly have great legs when you look at Japan, now does it?

Thank God Japan is only one country. What does that have to do with them breaking even?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
oniyide said:
World of Final Fantasy would make more sense on Switch

And/or Dragon Quest Builders. Not only are these titles less technically taxing, but they're simpler and more accessible.

Yeah those too! Not FF15 where anyone with common sense knew it wasnt coming to Switch

Phronesis said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Nobody wants to buy that game lol.

I do.  Iwll buy for PS4, tho. I expect other unique titles for NS.

I already bought it! its damn good. 

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

they broke even on release

Very frontloaded game. Never said they were going to lose money on FF XV anyway. I said they were getting little return on their investment. 

In the time it took Square to make FF XV, Gamefreak released like 8 mainline Pokémon games or something, all of which sold better than FF XV will.

It's not like SE can use an IP like Pokemon or every franchise can be managed the same way. I know FFXV was mismanaged from the start but they made a solid product in the end that ended up covering costs on just a day. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Alkibiádēs said:

It doesn't exactly have great legs when you look at Japan, now does it?

Thank God Japan is only one country. What does that have to do with them breaking even?

Yeah, one big country for the gaming market. Why do you keep talking about breaking even anyway? Do you know how investments work? Why settle for a tiny profit when you can make billions instead? 

Take a look at all the mainline Pokémon games that got released since FF XIII... Take a look at all the Monster Hunter games... Take a look at all the Yokai Watch games... And it's not like Square is against milking games because they keep shoving silly remasters, remakes and spin-offs down our throats. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

Yeah, one big country for the gaming market. Why do you keep talking about breaking even anyway? Do you know how investments work? Why settle for a tiny profit when you can make billions instead? 

Take a look at all the mainline Pokémon games that got released since FF XIII... Take a look at all the Monster Hunter games... Take a look at all the Yokai Watch games... And it's not like Square is against milking games because they keep shoving silly remasters, remakes and spin-offs down our throats. 

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

Square also made ff14 during the period and it became their most profitable game ever. 

Nintendo fans are the little monster of videogame world, always bashing anyone that dare to say anything about Nintendo or their consoles and unable to see any failure in anything Nintendo does.

Or in this case any game that doesn`t come to Switch " It was shit, Nintendo don`t need that, NINTENDO IP`S ARE THE ONLY THING THE MATTARRRR" kind of attitude.

If Wii U proved anything is that 3rd party does matter for a console. 

This game would just not be any good on the Switch I think.

They should just make Actraiser 3 instead