By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tabata: Nope To FFXV On Switch; Would Like To See Android Apps On Switch

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/08/final-fantasy-xv-interview-future-dlc-first-look-character-creation-more/

G: Is there any possibility for Final Fantasy XV to be released on Nintendo Switch?

HT: There are no Plans, it wouldn’t run…

G: It wouldn’t run at all?

HT: It might run… But we haven’t conducted the proper tests on whether it would run properly on Switch or not, so I cannot say for sure.

G: So there is no plan at all?

HT: There are no plans for Switch at the moment, but overall, there is interest in the platform among the development team. We do have lots of Nintendo fans inside BD2.

Incidentally, I think that Switch would be really cool if it could run Android apps on its portable screen…

Beggars can't be choosers I guess, I would like to see Square-Enix's Android games like FF6, 7, and 9 in particular on the Switch. 

Around the Network

I'm waiting for that obligatory "this game sucks anyway. Nobody would buy this game on nintendo console" response

"Incidentally, I think that Switch would be really cool if it could run Android apps on its portable screen…"

I agree with you on this matter, mr tabata. But looking at how nintendo is treating NSwitch, they probably will tell you to use your phone instead.

As expected, FFXV, Mass Effect Andromeda, TES VI, GTA 6... plenty of these power-hungry games won't touch the Switch, it's just not powerful enough.

m_csquare said:
I'm waiting for that obligatory "this game sucks anyway" response

"I don't like incomplete games anyway."

Well, it is weak hardware.

How many different ways this guy got to ask if it is not coming to Switch?

Its like this..

A: Is that man dead?

B: Yes

A: Was it fatal?

B: Yes, completely..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
m_csquare said:

I'm waiting for that obligatory "this game sucks anyway. Nobody would buy this game on nintendo console" response

"Incidentally, I think that Switch would be really cool if it could run Android apps on its portable screen…" I agree with you on this matter, mr tabata

Nintendo fans would buy this though... FF started on Nintendo after all. They'd buy it over CoD and Mass Effect, I'm sure. It just fits Nintendo's demographic more.

deskpro2k3 said:

Its like this..

Thanks to questions like these we got to know Tabata would like to see Android apps on Switch, important stuff.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Them questions though........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Metallox said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Its like this..

Thanks to questions like these we got to know Tabata would like to see Android apps on Switch, important stuff.

Not sure if you're serious about this being 'important stuff' but even if Tabata's opinion is to have Android apps on the Switch means absolutely nothing.  Only if a higher up from Nintendo actually says this then that'll mean something.

This means they are alooking into how easy it is to port android games to the switch.

Switch might see alot of old android games get ported to it.