By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Addresses Lack of Switch Backwards Compatibility

Not at all surprising.

Interesting that MS and Sony are just rediscovering BC as a selling point, and Nintendo has just taken it off the table.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Not really surprised. It's not like they can easily make games with different set ups to just work on the Switch. It'd be kinda hard to fit in a slot for CDs or a 2nd screen...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

flashfire926 said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, damn that NES for not having BC!

Agreed, and also damn the game boy as well!

The GameBoy could have played NES games if Nintendo didn't hate backwards compatibility.

Barkley said:
flashfire926 said:

Agreed, and also damn the game boy as well!

The GameBoy could have played NES games if Nintendo didn't hate backwards compatibility.

actually thats factually wrong, for technical reasons the original GB and GBC couldn't actually handle running NES titles.

The GBA however could, and there was even an adapter to make this possible for the SP.

NATO said:
Barkley said:

actually thats factually wrong, for technical reasons the original GB and GBC couldn't actually handle running NES titles.

Was a joke, follow the post trail back lol.

Around the Network

I expected the NS to not be BC. In an ycase, I hope I will be able to use the GC controller sooner or later!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Barkley said:
NATO said:

Was a joke, follow the post trail back lol.

i know, just wanted an excuse to point out you could play famicom games on gbasp