By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever feel amazed at how far games have come?

Technology and visuals have come along way but game design definitely hasn't brought the full promise yet that even the 6th generation consoles were claiming!

Around the Network

Graphics are nice and all but if the gameplay isn't very good, I probably won't be playing for long.

Absolutely, especially since improvements in graphical processing allow for improvements in game-play.

I still remember being blown away by Daggerfall.

StarFox? You're so young lol.

Agreed, it seems sort of insane if you think about it. Portable gaming especially.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

The first game that wowed me, so smooth, so fast

And nowadays people think this is too ugly to play

The current prroblem the game industry is facing that expectations keep rising exponentially, which is not surprising when a ps2 game I recently downloaded looks like this:

Psychonauts 2005

while a current indie game looks like this:

The Talos principle 2014

This gen already got backlash for not providing the expected leap. Next gen is gonna be rough with all resources going into rendering the same stuff in 4K. VR is still going to have the big leaps people want :)

Yeah, I remember having this conversation before. Growing up with games from the NES and seen how games changed over the years really was great. From 2D, to blocky 3D models, then getting more fleshed out, to more closely polished visuals, it was quite a sight to see.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My first game was Sonic Chaos on the GameGear from 2005 I was 8 at the time so I didnt care that my system looked weird to other XD I remember being blown away by my Gamecube and GBA SP later on

I started playing as a toddler, on the Atari 2600. I am awed by the graphical quality, and general size of games these days. I have been awed every step of the way. When playing games, I try to take a few minutes here and there just to appreciate the scenery, and reflect on how amazing each new generation is (and even the big leaps that happen within generations) compared to the last. Video games are great!

Everytime.