By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Main-Series Pokémon Games Will Be On Nintendo Switch

Where will Pokémon go?

Nintendo Switch 167 73.89%

Unannounced Nintendo Handheld 31 13.72%

Mobile devices 7 3.10%

See results 21 9.29%

Total:226

There is no doubt about that, Switch is handheld also.

Around the Network

Wherever it appears it will sell well and make the companies holiday financials.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Yes, Pokemon on Switch is the most likely outcome. However, I think we will see one last 3DS pokemon game this year before going over to the Switch for good.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
I think we will see one last 3DS pokemon game this year before going over to the Switch for good.

Yup, it wouldn't surprise me for the next Pokemon game to be on 3ds and not Switch, just like Black & White 2 were post-3ds launch.

Nintendo has dropped the ball many times, and in many ways, over the years. I don't think they are so blind as to not recognize that mainline Pokemon moving to the Switch is the single best way to ensure it sells well.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Plot Twist: Pokemon on Switch will only work in handheld mode.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Plot Twist: Pokemon on Switch will only work in handheld mode.

Dang, you beat me to it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Nintendo have been very careful - or stubborn depending on your perspective - about keeping their consoles and handhelds from cannibalising eachother. But if they could eliminate that problem, if the they really do stick to this idea of merging their home console and handheld console markets, then some seriously lucrative opportunities would open up to them. Case in point, a mainline pokemon game on home console is something my entire generation has dreamed of since we were throwing the trading cards around on the school playground.

If Nintendo wants to succeed then without a doubt.

It was all but confirmed

I doubt we will see a mainline Pokemon game this year, but most likely in 2018 if this is the case

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]