By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Rapists can now sue victims seeking abortions

Which country is this law based in?

Around the Network

I do think the thread title is a bit misleading, as, according to the article, only the wife's husband is allowed to sue her. Unless the husband is the rapist, the rapist won't be the one suing.

With that said, I agree, the law is a terrible idea across the board, even if you are pro life. The potential to threaten a rape victim with a lawsuit is not the way to support your position. The admittedly small silver lining is that this will likely very rarely happen, if ever.

eva01beserk said:
HollyGamer said:

Fixed it for you, and please dont thank me. :)

The way you reworded it would make the last sentence redundant. Did you even proof read?

Edit: It dosent matter anyways, that the victim could sufer such actions is still barbaric.

Well barbaric or not it proven effective , well and also we had many dead penalty happen in western country as well.  . And yet it also prove how ignorant your comment is. 

MTZehvor said:
I do think the thread title is a bit misleading, as, according to the article, only the wife's husband is allowed to sue her. Unless the husband is the rapist, the rapist won't be the one suing.

With that said, I agree, the law is a terrible idea across the board, even if you are pro life. The potential to threaten a rape victim with a lawsuit is not the way to support your position. The admittedly small silver lining is that this will likely very rarely happen, if ever.

A husband can (unfortunately) still force a woman to have a baby against her wishes.

yes, I get a wife shouldn't go ahead and do whatever you want- a marriage won't work that way. However, what's the point on forcing a child if the husband or wife don't want it for specific reasons?

I know many women who don't want a child because of the pain, and many men simply want to wait until they're older. This law doesn't seem like much consideration was put into it before being passed. 

Instead of protesting Trump, I think people should give logical arguments around this new law. I don't want to bash it to death with my ears closed- at the same time, I don't want to support it without thinking of potential consequences.

monocle_layton said:

https://www.rt.com/usa/376303-arkansas-abortion-law/

Absolutely devastating for any Arkansas woman who can't afford a child or doesn't want it for any reason.

It's not just about trump anymore. I'm concerned as to what sort of laws our local and country's government will allow. Is there really any benefit to this? How could anyone let this pass?

Conservative governments want more regulations, not this shite! 

Deary me... 

Around the Network

A rapist suing for abortion of an unborn child is an admission of guilt that they committed rape.
In a country where abortion is illegal, women having an abortion are charged and convicted for murdering an unborn child.

Lafiel said:

maybe because this would get swatted away in todays supreme court, but Trump wants to stack it with staunch pro-lifers if any more judges retire during his presidency

then similar legislation might even be installed country wide (because the GOP are only for "states rights", if it's the rights they support themselves)

Actually the supreme court can't overturn just any state laws, in the vast majority of the cases the supreme court are only involved to deal issues with federal law ... 

There's nothing in the constitution that says abortion is a given right and yeah the GOP is more for state rights compared to the democrats ... 

You don't get much wiggle room in terms of ideology with the Dems ... 

eva01beserk said:
Yerm said:

Yeah because I totally just have the money to do that. Its also not like I have any responsibilities at all. and why would I specifically go there? I would go somewhere like Canada or the UK

why would it matter where you go? any place is better right? youll make money there since its better.

more goes into it than that, you have to realize that, even if this is a joke response

Lafiel said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

We're not idiots. And you are not a good person.

so political correct, can't take some locker room talk. sad!

You seem to not understand the terms politically correct or locker room talk.  He's hoping for a man's innocent daughter to be raped. That is an awful thing and would never be said in any locker room I've been in. What sports do you play?

monocle_layton said:
eva01beserk said:

The same could be said about conjoined twins where one holds some vital organ or even the entire body. Does the main body have the say in removing the parasitic one if is alive and conscious? I would say yes, but thats not the point. 

Im not pro life in any way, I say get rid of the fetus at any stage, but thats just me. I know some want the baby. and by that stage its alive, its completly dependent of the mother yes, but its not like ne borns are out there working and suporting themselfs either. 

You think is easy for a father to just cry in a coner completly powerles as his wife is about to go kill a baby he always wanted?

VGPolyglot said:

So, what do you think should be done about it? You think that he should be able to force her to have the baby? The woman is the one who has to live through months of pain while the fetus develops.

it's a good thing adoption exists. look at the benefits:

1) the woman doesn't have to go through birth! 

2) No more fighting over abortions and other nonsense

3) You get to save a kid from being homeless the rest of his life (or dying if he/she is from a poor country)

Sounds neat, doesn't it? I honestly wouldn't mind adopting all my future kids. I'd happily ignore judgemental people and prefer to take care of one of the several billion kids already alive. My kids don't need to be made from me just to deserve love.

That's an amazing statement to make and it's inspirational if I'm honest. You have just cut through that superstition thing about blood / adoption.

It's made me think a bit about that. I think this is something we are taught in society subtly that adoption is a kind of thing you only do if you can't have kids yourself. But the way you put it just cuts that idea into the superstition it unknowingly is.

Thanks, appreciated.