Horizon: Zero Dawn 20 55.56%

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 2 5.56%

RESIDENT EVIL 7 |PC| 0 0%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice |PC| 0 0%

Total:36
Zkuq said:
Pemalite said:

Going by the poll, seems this forum disagrees with us though. :P

But considering that the overwhelming majority of this forum are non-PC gamers, I guess the results aren't entirely unexpected.

I hate democracy. Its only redeeming feature is that all the alternatives seem even worse.

Just because something is supported democratically by the majority, doesn't mean the majority is actually right.
But you are right, that the alternatives to democracy are absolutely terrible.

But, my statement wasn't about any democratic processes, just that the demographics on this forum aren't exactly "neutral" and thus a representation of the wider gaming community as a whole.

monocle_layton said:
If HZD was on PC, do you think it could've taken the top spot?

Personally I think it looks too damn good for a PS4 game. Will easily age very well

It would look far more refined on PC.
At the moment though, that is just a pipe dream. :'(

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Zkuq said:

I hate democracy. Its only redeeming feature is that all the alternatives seem even worse.

1. Just because something is supported democratically by the majority, doesn't mean the majority is actually right.

2. But, my statement wasn't about any democratic processes, just that the demographics on this forum aren't exactly "neutral" and thus a representation of the wider gaming community as a whole.

1. I know. It makes this even worse.

2. I know. In a way, the phenomenon is quite similar to democracy though, which reminded me of democracy and caused my remark about its redeeming feature. In both cases, people tend to vote for what they know already and generally not learn much more about the other options. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone.

Another possibility is that people are valuing art style higher than me when voting in this poll. I've been looking at this more from a technical perspective, but it's possible others haven't.

Zkuq said:
Pemalite said:

1. Just because something is supported democratically by the majority, doesn't mean the majority is actually right.

2. But, my statement wasn't about any democratic processes, just that the demographics on this forum aren't exactly "neutral" and thus a representation of the wider gaming community as a whole.

2. I know. In a way, the phenomenon is quite similar to democracy though, which reminded me of democracy and caused my remark about its redeeming feature. In both cases, people tend to vote for what they know already and generally not learn much more about the other options. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone.

Another possibility is that people are valuing art style higher than me when voting in this poll. I've been looking at this more from a technical perspective, but it's possible others haven't.

More people own a PS4 over a PC on this site.
From what I can tell HZD is more impressive on that platform than BF2.

When given proper power to add extra scene geometry, increase texture resolution, ect; BF2 is much more impressive.

caffeinade said:
Zkuq said:

When given proper power to add extra scene geometry, increase texture resolution, ect; BF2 is much more impressive.

I know. I've been here for a long time. The second point *should* be moot because the poll says it's about Battlefront's PC version.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 05 December 2017

caffeinade said:
Zkuq said:

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this site owns a PC.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
caffeinade said:

I know. I've been here for a long time. The second point *should* be moot because the poll says it's about Battlefront's PC version.

I agree.
We can't all be perfect.
It is hard to get a grasp of a games graphics from screenshots.

VGPolyglot said:
caffeinade said:

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this site owns a PC.

You know what I am getting at.

CGI-Quality said:
monocle_layton said:

Personally I think it looks too damn good for a PS4 game. Will easily age very well

Good question, though I think so. The reason? The water (the weakest part of the game's visuals) could have been taken up a few notches, better environmental textures (though this area was hardly lacking), and a more advanced SSS solution on character skin. Just a good polish up (while also, perhaps, including NVIDIA HairWorks on several of the characters).

DECIMA + PC would be marvelous! 

The water always bothered me. With how well everything else looked, I thought it'd be a non-issue. Not to say it ruined the game (that'd be a ridiculous claim), but it certainly surprised me to say the least.

Pemalite said:
Zkuq said:

Just because something is supported democratically by the majority, doesn't mean the majority is actually right.

But, my statement wasn't about any democratic processes, just that the demographics on this forum aren't exactly "neutral" and thus a representation of the wider gaming community as a whole.

monocle_layton said:

It would look far more refined on PC.
At the moment though, that is just a pipe dream. :'(

Hey, maybe by 2025 we'll get a ps4 emulator up and running :P

Game Awards starting in 15 minutes!

Curious what will win in the graphics department.

Battlefront sure looks damn good. That Frostbite engine does work.
Too bad the game is a hot mess.

It's crazy how Horizon looks better than Uncharted! Come on Naughty Dog lol, take the crown back with The Last of Us part II