Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's HYPE Series: Graphics Showdown 2017

The GRAPHICS KING Of 2017

Star Wars: Battlefront II |PC| 14 38.89%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 20 55.56%

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 2 5.56%

RESIDENT EVIL 7 |PC| 0 0%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice |PC| 0 0%

Total:36

I haven't really played very many games from 2017, but judging by videos and screenshots, Battlefront II is the best by far. Resident Evil 7 is the only game that comes even close to challenging it, and I can't give it my vote due to its more enclosed environments - it makes the graphics somewhat less impressive in comparison.

Around the Network

Yeah. Battlefront 2 is the technical master piece on a high-end PC.
As a game... It is sad to see it fall short everywhere else though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Yeah, that's my impression. Of the games in the poll, Uncharted and Horizon are probably going to be games I love once I get to play them despite them not being very impressive graphically. The evolution of graphics is interesting to follow and certainly improves games, but it doesn't really save any game experiences.

Zkuq said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah, that's my impression. Of the games in the poll, Uncharted and Horizon are probably going to be games I love once I get to play them despite them not being very impressive graphically. The evolution of graphics is interesting to follow and certainly improves games, but it doesn't really save any game experiences.

Considering on what platform these games run, their graphics are very impressive.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It is sad that graphics is the only thing good going on in Star Wars: Battlefront II. :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
deskpro2k3 said:
It is sad that graphics is the only thing good going on in Star Wars: Battlefront II. :(

Eh, that's a stretch. The game-play is solid and the campaign is very well done. The whole thing is actually quite polished. What's sad is that much of those pluses get lost in the talk of the MT/Lootbox fiasco.

I hope you're right dude, I really wanted to pick up this game but opencritic, and metacritic is making me think twice about getting it at full price.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
CGI-Quality said:
Zkuq said:

Huh? They are both incredibly impressive graphically.

Considering the platforms, sure, but other than that, at least I'm not that impressed. Don't get me wrong - I think they look great, just not impressive compared to the very best. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but I think it might be lighting - especially with Uncharted. I looked some more videos and I think I picked a pretty bad video of Horizon last night. That is, it looked better now, but I think it still pales in comparison to Battlefront II.

Qwark said:
Zkuq said:

Considering on what platform these games run, their graphics are very impressive.

Sure, can't argue about that.

CGI-Quality said:

Figured I'd throw Adam in the 2017 Thread since it's a 2017 Tech Demo (though this is just for testing purposes and can also be found elsewhere on the site). Do you guys feel we've reached this point yet? The demo is designed for what's coming, rather than what's available. So, it's tricky. But, what do you think...

Whilst impressive for a 2017 real time project, it is still miles off being realistic.
Especially in motion.

CGI-Quality said:
caffeinade said:

Whilst impressive for a 2017 real time project, it is still miles off being realistic.
Especially in motion.

Every game is miles away from being truly realistic.

Well of course.

We'd probably need 1000X faster hardware, some rendering breakthroughs, and much smarter engines to even come close.

caffeinade said:
CGI-Quality said:

Every game is miles away from being truly realistic.

Well of course.

We'd probably need 1000X faster hardware, some rendering breakthroughs, and much smarter engines to even come close.

So, I think that other aspects should be given priority then.