By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

xl-klaudkil said:
Shadow1980 said:

It has? Sure, CoD isn't nearly as big as it was, and neither is Halo, but plenty of big Western AAA titles are still multi-million sellers.

Thats not what i ment,there just not many triple a western games anymore,and the couple  that  are there kinda  suck.

This  year we get?

For honor - online required  crap. 

Another  cod

Another  fifa

Another  madden

Mass  effect

That uh wildlands game from ubisoft thats going  to be online required  too.

And uhh.

Thats a wrap.

Woow what a amazing  amount. 

Ghost Recon Wildlands is shaping up to be quite a good game. Play the game once it comes out then pass your regards on it. Don't hate on it without even touching it......jeese

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

How can SONY sit here and say that the PS4 Pro is selling more then the PS4 Slim when we have seen weekly sales #'s from Amazon saying MUCH differently.

Yes. I know there are other retailers.. But they could all really be that different .. I mean its a 30-40 place difference.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
How can SONY sit here and say that the PS4 Pro is selling more then the PS4 Slim when we have seen weekly sales #'s from Amazon saying MUCH differently.

Yes. I know there are other retailers.. But they could all really be that different .. I mean its a 30-40 place difference.

Where has Sony said that?

The PS5 Exists. 

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#10 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 2)
#18 NES (same)
#42 PS4Pro (down 1)
#46 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 1)
#51 3DSXL Yellow (down 2)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Nioh (same)
#05 NiS Breath Of The Wild (down 1)
#07 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (same)
#15 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (same)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

Let's see if HDDs make an appearance in the charts ... and NO, I'm not including them in the update.

The PS5 Exists. 

flashfire926 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Thats not what i ment,there just not many triple a western games anymore,and the couple  that  are there kinda  suck.

This  year we get?

For honor - online required  crap. 

Another  cod

Another  fifa

Another  madden

Mass  effect

That uh wildlands game from ubisoft thats going  to be online required  too.

And uhh.

Thats a wrap.

Woow what a amazing  amount. 

Ghost Recon Wildlands is shaping up to be quite a good game. Play the game once it comes out then pass your regards on it. Don't hate on it without even touching it......jeese

It seems its very  hard for some people  to read and understand  what someone  else is saying. 

I said ghost Recon ( genuinely forgot it whas ghost recon) wildlands will  most probably  like for honor( a game is whas super hyped for) online required  to play.

Since  i dont  support  " always online " games its a instant blegh meh.

Also look how small that list of tripple a games from.the west  are( excluding  all  exclusives) 

The Japanese  games are absolutely  flooding  and its not going  to stop anytime soon.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
cpg716 said:

Where has Sony said that?

Um. Yesterday. After the earnings announcment. The CFO said this "The sales of Pro are stronger than that of Slim, as we see it,"

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:

Um. Yesterday. After the earnings announcment. The CFO said this "The sales of Pro are stronger than that of Slim, as we see it,"

Have you got a link? How did I miss that!?

The PS5 Exists. 

Bandorr said:
https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/03/ps4-pro-sales-are-stronger-than-that-of-ps4-slim-says-sony-cfo/

"Finally, the CFO made a quote on the call that’s a bit hard to interpret. He said, “The sales of Pro are stronger than that of Slim, as we see it.”

What he meant by this is unclear here. Some took the more obvious meaning, suggesting that the more expensive PS4 Pro has sold more units than the cheaper PS4 Slim, which would be a little out of the ordinary.

What Yoshida likely meant to say was that when compared with the company’s forecasts, PS4 Pro comes out on top, beating Sony’s expectations, something PS4 Slim presumably hasn’t been able to do – not the overall sales of the Slim.

The call was translated live, which probably meant something was lost in translation."

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time something has got lost in translation.

The PS5 Exists. 

Bandorr said:

I agree with the assumption. There is no way that they think the Pro is selling better than the Slim. I think there is a very good chance they mean they were surprised by how well the Pro is doing.

They aren't surprised the slim is doing well. Where as the pro is $100+ more and thus it is surprising it is doing as well as it is.

Right now it is around $135 more or so and doing great on Amazon.

That's why I was surprised by the quote and wanted to see it for myself. The Slim has lead from the beginning and the Pro has regularly been out of stock. He clearly meant it's performed better than expected.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sorry very late tagging..

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!