By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#08 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 2)
#17 NES (up 1)
#40 PS4Pro (up 2)
#46 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (same)
#81 3DSXL Yellow (down 30)
#96 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (re-entry)
#97 3DSXL Eu Edition (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Nioh (same)
#06 NiS Breath Of The Wild (down 1)
#07 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (same)
#14 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (up 1)
#19 PS4 Kingdom Hearts HD (re-entry)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS4 Pro got a boost. GET IT!!!! *I'm so funny ...*

The PS5 Exists. 

cpg716 said:
How can SONY sit here and say that the PS4 Pro is selling more then the PS4 Slim when we have seen weekly sales #'s from Amazon saying MUCH differently.

Yes. I know there are other retailers.. But they could all really be that different .. I mean its a 30-40 place difference.

Citation needed.

laser tag

Ok, not to be an alarmist..... but if amazon is really indicative of how sales in NA are playing out; isn't it kinda disturbing that the PS4pro is seemingly mostly ahead of the first XB1s sku on the charts? Knowing that the PS4pro doesn't sell anywhere as near as what the PS4 generally sells.

Or is this some strange anomaly?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Ok, not to be an alarmist..... but if amazon is really indicative of how sales in NA are playing out; isn't it kinda disturbing that the PS4pro is seemingly mostly ahead of the first XB1s sku on the charts? Knowing that the PS4pro doesn't sell anywhere as near as what the PS4 generally sells.

Maybe everything besides the PS4 Slim is selling quite less. The NES is quite high up on the charts. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Intrinsic said:

Xbox One's sales usually crater in January through May.  And with Scorpio on the horizon, it's going to be worse.  And the cancelation of Scalebound, while not a major loss in terms of the title's sales importance, it is a major symbolic loss.  And honestly, with MS constantly talking about the Scorpio, they seem to have somewhat written off the Xbone as a bit of a lost cause in this fight.  And I think people feel that, and it's not instilling confidence.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#08 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#17 NES (same)
#40 PS4Pro (same)
#46 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (same)
#81 3DSXL Yellow (same)
#96 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (same)
#97 3DSXL Eu Edition (same)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Nioh (same)
#06 NiS Breath Of The Wild (same)
#07 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (same)
#14 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (same)
#19 PS4 Kingdom Hearts HD (same)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

Sometimes I ask myself, was that worth it?

The PS5 Exists. 

Hehe, a little samey....

Do wonder how much Scorpio might be having an impact on XBOs now, and I wonder with the PR leak of Pro improving games across the board without a patch, if that'll have a positive impact.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Nuvendil said:

Xbox One's sales usually crater in January through May.  And with Scorpio on the horizon, it's going to be worse.  And the cancelation of Scalebound, while not a major loss in terms of the title's sales importance, it is a major symbolic loss.  And honestly, with MS constantly talking about the Scorpio, they seem to have somewhat written off the Xbone as a bit of a lost cause in this fight.  And I think people feel that, and it's not instilling confidence.

But thast ridiculous of MS. If true then they are areriding a lot on the back of the scorpio. Which in all honesty is really at best just a more powerful 8th gen console. They can't start making exclusive games for it because that will do more to hurt their brand than anything else and it just being more powerful sin;t going to be a big enough differentiating factor to stem the tide.

Especially when you consider that its going to be at least moe expensive than the PS4pro. its even harder spotting differences between true 4k and psuedo 4k than it is between 1080p and 900p.