By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil VII on PSVR is so intense that it is almost unplayable.

Resident Evil 7 on PSVR.

Amazing. 74 88.10%

Terrible. 10 11.90%

Total:84
COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

They should do some non-horror games with this level of imersion. Like a forensic investigation police drama, but with no horror elements.

That's my hope as well. I want to try this so bad, but horror has not been as enjoyable to me as it once was. I think I can do it though. I can do it!

Lol =) I am sure you can. A little bit at a time...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Depends on people... I do a complete "let's play" of the game in VR (first playthrough) on our new YT channel with my young friends, if you're interested to see my reactions ^^ (I'm french and I didn't make the english subtitles yet so sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNWZ8Ztc8UM7TyOGMa6G55A

Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

Huh, did they raise the price? No they didn't, still CAD 50
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/robinson-the-journey-for-playstation-vr-ps4/10516185.aspx?path=c3c6cba6b43ccbf1c83636bf29dafd47en02
I bought it together with Eagle Flight on release day, was CAD 50 as well. (Eagle flight is 60 now, that price was raised)

It took me a bit over 4 hours and I did a second playthrough right after. It is really pretty in VR and the sense of scale is very well done.

My friend came over last week end with his PSVR set, and we looked at games on PSN and it really is at 79.99 there. Same price as any new AAA release right now.

Yeah you're right, it's CAD 80 on psn, much more expensive than in stores. Eagle Flight is CAD 53.50, less than the current physical price. Job simulator is still 40, while Until Dawn Rush of Blood is 25, pricing is all over the place.

I got a bit farther in Madhouse, it's intense. I survived Marguerite, now I'm trying to conserve resources for the next boss, thus run like hell, dodge, and use doors and tables etc to my advantage. Limited saves and so little resources is really putting the pressure on. Sure I can kill the molded in 2 headshots, yet that's 2 bullets less for the next boss. Plus the fast ones are a lot harder to shoot in the head. And I swear I had the lights on when I started playing. Taking off the headset after turning the ps4 off I got back in a pitchblack room. Talk about discomforting lol.

I'm playing the game without VR and I'm not enjoying it, it's so stressful and ugly I just want to stop playing every 15 minutes, so I can imagine it would be unbearable on VR even if the experience must be remarkable.

Managed to finish it yesterday. I think this has become my favourite resi game of all time. Does anyone else think it was short?

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

I'm playing the game without VR and I'm not enjoying it, it's so stressful and ugly I just want to stop playing every 15 minutes, so I can imagine it would be unbearable on VR even if the experience must be remarkable.

They really found out their horror roots again, right? And RE was never this scary before, the first ones where like B-Horror fun. Capcom surprised me.

I am happy to know it is this scary without VR as well, I guess I will find out when my girfriend come over to try it in VR =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

VRsinge said:
Depends on people... I do a complete "let's play" of the game in VR (first playthrough) on our new YT channel with my young friends, if you're interested to see my reactions ^^ (I'm french and I didn't make the english subtitles yet so sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNWZ8Ztc8UM7TyOGMa6G55A

I wish I knew french. Learning a third language would be interesting.

To people who have played both PT and RE7: If I am constantly tempted to /wrists over the cancellation of Silent Hills, will RE7 and VR make me whole again?

Then that's very good, that's definitely what I want from VR games!

badgenome said:
To people who have played both PT and RE7: If I am constantly tempted to /wrists over the cancellation of Silent Hills, will RE7 and VR make me whole again?

Not at all. I have been thinking a lot about PT and Silent Hills since I played RE7, the hole in your heart will remain =(