By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil VII on PSVR is so intense that it is almost unplayable.

Resident Evil 7 on PSVR.

Amazing. 74 88.10%

Terrible. 10 11.90%

Total:84

Resident Evil VII in PSVR is so intense that it is almost unplayable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Pdxwl4CNI&feature=youtu.be

So, I have finally played.

Did I liked?

Yes, very much.

But, to be honest, it is almost unplayable. It is almost too intense, it is almost too much.

I have walked in the forests for 15 minutes cause I was too afraid of entering the house...

When I did entered, wow...

I will probably play 20-30 minutes every night, but no more than that.

It is really a landmark in tech, design and gaming. I am so impressed.

It is almost terrifying to think where VR could go from here.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I only played the demos and it scared the shit out of me. I can't imagine how heart attack inducing the final game is...

Hynad said:
I only played the demos and it scared the shit out of me. I can't imagine how heart attack inducing the final game is...

The start is on a beautiful forest, man, it is impressive. It is like the feeling I had playing RE4 for the first time multiplied by tenfold.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Man, I wish I could get into the horror games. If only I didn't have a heart attack every single time I played one.

Hiku said:
It seems like everyone is having an intense experience with this game in VR. Really makes me want to try it a lot more than I expected, after seeing people play it.

First time in my life that I have heard all the hype and, yet, the real thing was much more impressive than mere words could express. Capcom did a amazing job!

Around the Network
Smartie900 said:
Man, I wish I could get into the horror games. If only I didn't have a heart attack every single time I played one.

They should do some non-horror games with this level of imersion. Like a forensic investigation police drama, but with no horror elements.

I watched the first hour of the game in non-VR and even that, by only watching and not even playing myself, made me shit my pants.

Steps in playing RE7

Purchase It
Play It
Close Application
Sell It

tiffac said:
Steps in playing RE7

Purchase It
Play It
Close Application
Sell It

You forgot:

- Make your family/friends try it
- Watch their reactions (never gets old)

tiffac said:
Steps in playing RE7

Purchase It
Play It
Close Application
Sell It

Actually, I think I will enjoy it more in the second playthrough, cause the scare factor will be lower.