By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Patent] The Switch could rival the Oculus rift, if done right by Nintendo.

Would you like to see Nintendo release a VR headset?🥓

Hell yeah!🐯 28 33.73%

Not really🐢 55 66.27%

Total:83

No thanks.

Around the Network
Conina said:

/close thread

Enough said.

CaptainExplosion said:
Conina said:

/close thread

That's actually pretty good.

I'd like to see Switch VR, but I doubt Nintendo wants to do that considering, you know...

No it isn't...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Will this be seen as proof that Nintendo invented VR? 

Sorry, couldn't help it. =P

On a more serious note, I really wonder how anyone could say this could rival with the Rift while keeping a straight face.

Around the Network

Putting a screen in front of your face isn't the same as AR, which has 2 separate screens for depth perception, so no, it wouldn't be the same :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

This wont work for several reasons:

1. Screen Resolution is to low (720p) => 1080p full RGB is absolute minimum

2. Screen refresh rate is to low (60 hz/fps) => need atleast 90 hz.

3. The Switch wont be powerfull enough for real VR games. The ps4 barely keeps up.

4. It would likely be to heavy

5. The Switch Cons dont have any external tracking sensor (camera, lightboxes), so 1:1 tracking wont be possible and it wont work in VR and would definitly not be immersive

Maybe with the Switch 2 if nintendo keeps that route.

CaptainExplosion said:
Conina said:

/close thread

That's actually pretty good.

I'd like to see Switch VR, but I doubt Nintendo wants to do that considering, you know...

either you did not look at the highlighted parts or you don't understand the requirements for VR. hint the 3 areas highlighted with a red square means this would be bloody awful on a switch.

The Switch's resolution would put it on par (well almost) with the Oculus Rift Dev Kit 1. Which wasn't terrible but not something I would use over an extended period of time. Mind you that VR is not as simple as just resolution so overall I don't see this working out too well.

So VR with PS1 visuals ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m