By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Patent] The Switch could rival the Oculus rift, if done right by Nintendo.

Would you like to see Nintendo release a VR headset?🥓

Hell yeah!🐯 28 33.73%

Not really🐢 55 66.27%

Total:83

Still don't understand why people insists with this, is pretty clear to me that Nintendo is not jumping to VR this gen, I'm sure they are thinking about the possibility in the future, not now, they don't really need it now anyways, they are selling other kind of product.

Around the Network

i tried a mobile phone VR with a 1080p screen. even then the "screen door" effect was quite noticeable and the experience was kind of nauseating. 720p sounds unbearable to me.

The Switch could rival the Oculus rift!

Have you read the minimum specs that are required for Occulus Rift?
NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD 290, Intel i5-4590, and 8GB RAM,
Sure dream big but at least keep it within the realms of possibilities

FunFan said:
Pemalite said:
Depends on the Panel. If it's Pentile based you need a higher resolution to compensate due to how the subpixels are arranged.
720P will look terrible regardless of how you cut the cake though.

Besides, pretty sure the Switch base unit lacks the proper sensors for things like motion/tracking, you need the Joy Cons for that, which adds to the weight and bulk of a "VR" Switch.

According to the official specs, the Switch tablet have an accelerometer and gyroscope which are the nessesary sensors for VR. As long as you stay on a fixed position, that is. For tracking your position you need more stuff.

Good to know! Thanks!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--