By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

I lurk at work, hat.

But besides that, after reading everything, I don't see very many reads here, either. I've combed every page a couple or so times. I was probably a bit hasty with the no lynch vote, but day one lynches are always a crapshoot for me, esp. with no evidence one way or the other. Hatz has been on the defensive for his quick three lynch votes but I'm not seeing an issue there due to that. Leaning town on prof and spurge.

Steam ID: bladesym | Track of the Week (01/15/2017): Undertale - Megalovania

"You... are not human, are you?"
"Who knows? I'm not even sure myself."
Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:

ANy thoughts on this? Why quote me.
right now. I am leaning town hatz and leaning with spurge as scum.
I find it concerning after there's series of question about his 2-3 scums. He suddenly disappeared. 

Why would you get defensive about this? I don't see any reason for you to suddenly answer the quote ike I was questioning you. I was quoting for truth. I can't find anything, and I usually always get something.

Anyone think that maybe linkz kept the mafia dark for day 1? I feel like it's something he would pull.

theprof00 said:

Anyone think that maybe linkz kept the mafia dark for day 1? I feel like it's something he would pull.

You mean, in addition to being prohibited from QT daytalk in the OP, not knowing who each other are? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Votals:

No Lynch: 5 - hatmoza, hatmoza, hatmoza, BladeSymphony, Darwinianevolution
hatmoza: 1 - Final-Fan
TruckOSaurus: 1 - Stefl1504
SWORDF1SH: 1 - Stefl1504
Darwinianevolution: 1 - Stefl1504
BladeSymphony: 1 - theprof00
padib: 1 - theprof00

11 votes cast, 25 votes uncast

Votestory:

hatmoza - No Lynch*3
Final-Fan - hatmoza
BladeSymphony - No Lynch
Darwinianevolution - No Lynch
Stefl1504 - TruckOSaurus, SWORDF1SH, Darwinianevolution
theprof00 - BladeSymphony, padib

As Day One is older than 24 hours, 10 votes will be required to hammer a lynch.

Day One will end 7PM Eastern on Wednesday.

spurgeonryan said:
I said two or three scum. Noctis then said three was rubbish and then others said two is rubbish.
FOS
FF
Getting what I said wrong, ignoring what others said on the subject and then acting like stuff you said yourself was "just a joke".

I think it's time for you to take a deep breath and have another look at my posts on this subject, collected here for your convenience. 

Final-Fan said:
Only 2 scum in a 12 player game? Why would you expect that to be a serious possibility? FoS spurge.
Final-Fan said:
spurgeonryan said:
@ noctis
I said two maybe three.Don't twist my words.

Exactly.  "Two, maybe three" implies that two is AT LEAST as good a possiblity as three, probably more likely 2 than 3.  Is that not what you meant?  And at the very, very least it says that two is a realistic possiblity, while I think it's extremely unrealistic. 

Two scum in a town of 12 ... town outnumbers scum by five to one ... why do you think this is even remotely likely?  Are you a sibling miller or something? 

Final-Fan said:
So to clarify my posts, spurge, you did say two or three, and I only mentioned the two and not the three because the two was the strange part of what you said. Three is not strange so I am not focusing on it, but this doesn't mean I deny you said it.
Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

some of [Final-Fan's] posts have rubbed me the wrong way, especially the one suggesting spurge could be a sibling and getting so hung up on the 2 scum thing.

I was not making a serious suggestion; I was saying that sort of bullshit is the only reason I could imagine why he would think it was reasonable to suggest a 2 scum total in this town.  Since I do not at all consider what I suggested to spurge a serious possibility, I am strongly questioning what caused him to arrive at two as a plausible possibility, perhaps more plausible than three. 

How likely do you think it is that this town has only two anti-town players? 

Okay, now that you've read them all (again, I hope), I am going to ask you to once and for all actually answer my question.  But first, before we get to that, I'd like you to answer something else.  You said, "Noctis then said three was rubbish", but the only posts of his on the subject that I can see are basically him pointing you to my posts and asking you to answer my question.  Nothing about three being a bad number for scum in this game.  So what post are you talking about where Noctis, or anyone at all for that matter, said "three was rubbish"? 

Now after you answer that one, let's move on to my original question, which you have NEVER ANSWERED AT ALL.  What made you suggest two scum as a potential total number of scum for this twelve player game?  What could possibly make that a reasonable number? 

Point 3.  "Getting what spurge said wrong."  I never said you proposed that EXCLUSIVELY two scum was the only possibility.  I'm just focusing on the fact that you brought it up as a reasonable possibility AT ALL.  If you say it's 70% likely to be three scum and 30% likely to be two scum, then my only question is how the hell you think it's 30% and not zero.  (JUST TO BE COMPLETELY CLEAR HERE, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ACTUALLY PROPOSED PERCENTAGES.  I AM WELL AWARE THAT YOU DID NOT PROPOSE ANY PERCENTAGES.  THIS IS A FICTITIOUS EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE A POINT.  Which leads us to...)

Point 4.  "Final-fan acting like stuff he himself said was "just a joke"."  I was not joking.  When I said I "was not making a serious suggestion", I didn't mean I was joking.  I meant I was throwing out a crazy hypothetical example that I was well aware was not actually true (at least I am completely confident it's not true, only you and Linkz know for sure) for the purposes of illustrating a point.  I think that this town is so unlikely to have only two scum from my perpsective (i.e. doing the math on basic mafia balance in a vanilla game), that the only way it would make sense as a proposal to me is if the person making the proposal was aware of some crippling weakness the town had that justified that low number of scum, a weakness that I am not aware of.  Being a miller who was also a sibling, as an example.  I do not believe you are actually a miller sibling.  I never did.  Do you understand this? 

Point 5.  "Ignoring what others said on the subject."  Please give some specific examples. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

I mean seriously. When I made the initial question, I wasn't thinking it made spurge scum to propose it. It's just him being weird. But come on, man. I mean come on. You've posted several times about this and not once have you addressed the question I actually asked. I'm used to you being crazy but I don't remember you dodging questions like this.

Maybe you're the serial killer and there are two "other" scum?

Wasn't thinking that it did so necessarily. But I definitely did, and do, want to interrogate him on his thought process to propose that number.

I'm going to read through again before I vote. Hat and prof seem the most dodgy but the people lying low shouldn't get a free pass. 

padib said:

Slip:

hatmoza said:

I specifically said do not push for town powers. I'm strongly irritated by this post.

It's up to them how to respond. I'm looking more on how they respond rather than push to find out town powers. 

The way I see it is that if we don't push people to get info and vote for a no lynch to get day 1 out the way, we're effectively giving mafia a free kill in return for nothing.

I'm a little suspicious of you hat, you're being a little OTT trying to come off like your town. 

Are you Mafia again? 

This is quicktopic speak.

They were both scum last game. 

I do not necessarily agree that there is no reads yet, but all of them are either so weak that its not worth mentioning them, anyway, I don't like how many chimed in just saying there isn't shit to go on by now or being happy with day 1 interactions. In terms of linking people together and stuff we are pretty weak compared to previous games. Now what I hope for is that shit will go down anytime soon.

This is a low-power game, ergo we should try to push for such connections. People being dismissive about my votes I am happy with, gives reads.

Anyway, 6/12 players voted and only 2 spend all their votes. Can we agree upon that we should at least have 12/12 players voted at all in the current mode?