By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

Let me know if there are any mistakes in your interaction.

If you take the time to break the data down you can see some very telling information. For example:

Out of 11 players (not including ones self) the following were not mentioned by:

Final-Fan : 3 players
theprof : 4 players
Padib: 5 players
Stefl: 4 players
Darwin: 6 players
Spurge: 3 players
Hatmoza: 0 players
Clyde: 8 players
SWORDF1SH: 7 players
NoCtiS: 7 players
BladeSymphony 8 players
TruckOSaurus: 6 players

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

My personal suspects based on my own reads: Prof, Stefl, and blade

Suspects based purely on data:
Padib and spurge because they both did not interact with 6 players! AND they never interacted with each other.
Clyde because he only engaged with 6 players. AND ONLY 3 people interacted with him.
Blade because he only engaged with 5 players. AND ONLY 3 people interacted with him.
Sword and Noctis because... data (I personally don't suspect them. I genuinely think they just suck at mafia)
The data safely puts Truck somewhere in the middle between suspect and town

Town based on Data:
hatmoza, Final Fan, and stefl. Based on high activity and multiple engagements. Town are not afraid to make connections with other players. Scum fear associations so they minimize the number of interactions with players.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

My stance on a no lynch kind of stands but it has been shaken. I'll be completely honest... I am opening up to the idea ONLY to a Bladesymphony lynch because not only does the data strongly suggest he's scum. But he was a strong suspect to me and prof (and I think another player) before I even put up the data. He's a cross between two types of suspicions and he's an active lurker. Furthermore, we can slightly confirm prof as town if Blade flips scum. Along with other connections we can make.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I regret blowing my 3 votes in light of this data. I honestly did not foresee so much info pouring in day 1 because of the slow activity initially.

Wow just wow. Look how desperate Padib was to fill in his data gaps. You just skyrocketed on the scum scale. Furthermore you immediately try to devalue the OBJECTIVE data I presented as a personal scheme by me.

HUGE HoS on Padib. Which is is also supported by the data.

I want to hear from EVERYONE.

I'm incredibly impressed, hatmoza. It certainly identifies not just who is lurking but who is SUCCEEDING in flying under the radar. And it may well have even more value in later days. AND exposing lurkers like this may rattle them into participating more, which can only be good for the state of the game. You got huge townie points in my eyes.

I mean, sure, technically mafia could just as easily do this number crunching, but I almost don't care if it permanently improves VGChartz Mafia. Plus that's not how it feels to me.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Hat, to be fair you also have to apply a bit of common sense to your data. I don't agree that you have to interact with everybody to be town. If somebody already asked the questions, why would you need to interact with them when the questions have already been answered. Why would you interact with people that you observe to be behaving fine?
Fair enough this is my second game of mafia and your data apparently indicates I'm scum but I've had a 3 day ban that severely affected day 1 play. Did you data show that?
Annnnd if I recall I suspected you immediately because you wanted a no vote and get day 1 over. Sounds like, by your own words, scum avoiding interaction.
I have a feeling you're scum and I can't shake it. I read your data list and thought 'actually he is town' but you follow up posts put doubt back into my mind.
I think you're trying to create a clever ruse and I'm not falling for it.

padib said:

As impressive as this analysis is, it seems like a convenient way of pegging players town or scum based on a very particular metric that suits certain players, including yourself, more than others.

For example, I prefered to play calmly because I am busy and because I want to be calm. It doesn't mean I'm more scummy for it.

It's not about "being calm", it's about "participating in the game via posts".  Prof has been way more calm than I have, but he hasn't participated more.  If you mean "lying low" when you say "being calm", I regret to have to tell you that that does actually make you scummy. 

As far as me being desperate, yes, I am desperate to have him answer my questions after the fifth time asking him the same thing.  And stressed, yes, stressed that he has not answered that same question. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I will take a closer look at padib's thoughts, and hat's list for that matter, later. I have to go. Hopefully spurge will end my suspense by then!

"then" = "the time I get back"

Votals:

No Lynch: 5 - hatmoza, hatmoza, hatmoza, BladeSymphony, Darwinianevolution
hatmoza: 1 - Final-Fan
TruckOSaurus: 1 - Stefl1504
SWORDF1SH: 1 - Stefl1504
Darwinianevolution: 1 - Stefl1504
BladeSymphony: 1 - theprof00
padib: 1 - theprof00
NoCtiS_NoX: 1 - spurgeonryan

12 votes cast, 24 votes uncast

Votestory:

hatmoza - No Lynch*3
Final-Fan - hatmoza
BladeSymphony - No Lynch
Darwinianevolution - No Lynch
Stefl1504 - TruckOSaurus, SWORDF1SH, Darwinianevolution
theprof00 - BladeSymphony, padib
spurgeonryan - NoCtiS_NoX

As Day One is older than 24 hours, 10 votes will be required to hammer a lynch.

Day One will end 7PM Eastern on Wednesday. (A bit shy of 25 hours from now)