By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

spurgeonryan said:
@ hatmoza

While you were away I think it has become the norm for people to push for a lynch day one.

Then if it is a miss lynch they feel we can see some signs of who may be scum.

I do not think it has worked yet.

Still doesn't change the fact a day 1 lynch on a vanilla game is a shitty idea. There's a reason why, in your own words, it didn't work yet because the odds of a successful scum lynch day 1 is low. It would take a group effort of stupidity to pull it off.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Final-Fan said:

So, it seems that the general consensus here is the No lynch during the first day. With the exception of FF votin against hatmoza. Can you explain to us the reason for this vote (and if you have done so already, can you please link me to the post, please)?

Also, I made this question before and nobody answered me: What is the usual proportion of mafias compared to townies?

I'm not at the least concerned with his vote honestly. It's -at least I saw- his way of getting discussion started. Of course it's overshadowed now with how I'm facilitating the discussion.

And to answer your question... that's been answered in more ways than 1 already. 3 would be a safe number of scum in a vanilla game with this number of players.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said:
Last game we could've lynched axyum day 1 or sword who was my choice.
The game before we decided to not lynch a scum either.
The game before that, I wanted to lynch darwin but everyone gave him a pass.
Three games in a row we've had scum about to be hung and we backed off.
Lynching scum day one is not uncommon.

And lol, what do I have to answer to you about. You couldn't lynch me if you wanted to.

Could of should of's from previous games. You're better than wasting 3 posts of being dismissive and non-contributive.

Also I merely threatened to push for your lynch. I have no sway -yet- over overall opinion of players. Why are you assuming that a lynch, that relies on vote majority, be caused single handedly by me? Do other players votes mean that little to you for you -to again- dismiss 'em?

I guess I drop in to mention we are 3/5ths to the end of day one

@Trucks, why aren't you excited enough? Did you get the scum-tastic assignment again or does being town wear off that fast for you.

2 things I noticed: We have a way different dynamic towards no lynch day 1 in this game than some games ago (though this is mostly due to the no revotes)

The votes that don't push certain vote-points are pretty much worthless (like me voting one vote to no lynch right now would mean basically nothing, because the amount of people to hammer no lynch would still be 2. only thing that would change is that somebody could use less votes to push to the 1-player hammer boundary)

Anyway, in lieu of not pushing such boundaries:

Vote: Trucks
Vote: Sword
Vote: darwinian

I feel noctis is town.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
2 things I noticed: We have a way different dynamic towards no lynch day 1 in this game than some games ago (though this is mostly due to the no revotes)

The votes that don't push certain vote-points are pretty much worthless (like me voting one vote to no lynch right now would mean basically nothing, because the amount of people to hammer no lynch would still be 2. only thing that would change is that somebody could use less votes to push to the 1-player hammer boundary)

I feel noctis is town.

Not again, Stefl XD

And you say votes that don't push worthless votes, and yet you use all of your votes on one user each, users that have not been voted for already, so the number doesn't guarantee an efective kill in the least. Right now the maximum amount of votes against a player is one, so we have 4 users with one vote each against them. The difference between them and the no lynch vote is still the same. Are you trying to see who follows your opinion and votes for one of them?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Stefl1504 said:

I feel noctis is town.

Not again, Stefl XD

And you say votes that don't push worthless votes, and yet you use all of your votes on one user each, users that have not been voted for already, so the number doesn't guarantee an efective kill in the least. Right now the maximum amount of votes against a player is one, so we have 4 users with one vote each against them. The difference between them and the no lynch vote is still the same. Are you trying to see who follows your opinion and votes for one of them?

This is about voicing my opinion about you guys. The difference is not the same, just the amount of people required to surpass the no lynch at the current point.

padib said:
So nobody saw it yet? CTRL+F Them

This showed me the "Theme" threads in my VGChartz Buddy and Darwin's post and Stefl's reply to it.  Please explain. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

SWORDF1SH said:
hatmoza said:

I specifically said do not push for town powers. I'm strongly irritated by this post.

It's up to them how to respond. I'm looking more on how they respond rather than push to find out town powers. 

The way I see it is that if we don't push people to get info and vote for a no lynch to get day 1 out the way, we're effectively giving mafia a free kill in return for nothing.

I'm a little suspicious of you hat, you're being a little OTT trying to come off like your town. 

Are you Mafia again? 

I think padib meant the them in this post

Stefl1504 said:
I guess I drop in to mention we are 3/5ths to the end of day one

@Trucks, why aren't you excited enough? Did you get the scum-tastic assignment again or does being town wear off that fast for you.

Neither of those answers. I usually like to provoke with my vote and I'm a bit lost and still figuring out how to adjust to these rules.

Signature goes here!