By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

Final-Fan said:

So, it seems that the general consensus here is the No lynch during the first day. With the exception of FF votin against hatmoza. Can you explain to us the reason for this vote (and if you have done so already, can you please link me to the post, please)?

Also, I made this question before and nobody answered me: What is the usual proportion of mafias compared to townies?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It seems that I wan not able to post what I need to post awhile ago. Crap.

Anyway, I lean towns on hatz and leaning scum on spurge for now.

hatmoza said:
I would like to see more activity from people. Especially those who contributed a little or have been absent for a long time.

I'm interested in trucks overall opinion

I'm rubbed so very wrong by prof's post. I honestly have higher standards for him. His post is extremely dismissive. When he is dismissive he's scum. That's his tell. He usually gives more weight to what he says. I'm unsympathetic to lurkers who claim they are busy. I'm working a full time job and I'm a full time student. I don't give passes usually for lurkers regardless of excuse but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll get less busy in the coming hours. When you sign up to play, you can make time. Period.

I'm wondering why you forgot to include prof in your list of non-active/lurker list, FF

Darwin, you agree -if I recall- with no lynch day 1. What do you think of the ones who are arguing against it with words and not action?

My overall feeling is that something had to be done to spark conversation and you stepped up to the plate and you did it with the least harmful way I can think of so you're in my town reads for now. Final-Fan's reaction I'm not sure about, I'm not entirely against his decision to vote for you since his vote was almost as much a part of getting things started as yours but some of his posts have rubbed me the wrong way, especially the one suggesting spurge could be a sibling and getting so hung up on the 2 scum thing.

I can see where Stefl is coming from but I don't think this setup will allow us to find a suitable Day One lynch since traditionnal methods of applying pressure can lead to disaster when you can't unvote.

As for the others, it's too soon to tell for me.

Signature goes here!

It seems that I was not able to post what I need to post awhile ago. Crap.

Anyway, I lean towns on hatz and leaning scum on spurge for now.

EDIT

Last game we could've lynched axyum day 1 or sword who was my choice.
The game before we decided to not lynch a scum either.
The game before that, I wanted to lynch darwin but everyone gave him a pass.
Three games in a row we've had scum about to be hung and we backed off.
Lynching scum day one is not uncommon.

And lol, what do I have to answer to you about. You couldn't lynch me if you wanted to.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
I would like to see more activity from people. Especially those who contributed a little or have been absent for a long time.

I'm interested in trucks overall opinion

I'm rubbed so very wrong by prof's post. I honestly have higher standards for him. His post is extremely dismissive. When he is dismissive he's scum. That's his tell. He usually gives more weight to what he says. I'm unsympathetic to lurkers who claim they are busy. I'm working a full time job and I'm a full time student. I don't give passes usually for lurkers regardless of excuse but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll get less busy in the coming hours. When you sign up to play, you can make time. Period.

I'm wondering why you forgot to include prof in your list of non-active/lurker list, FF

Darwin, you agree -if I recall- with no lynch day 1. What do you think of the ones who are arguing against it with words and not action?

My overall feeling is that something had to be done to spark conversation and you stepped up to the plate and you did it with the least harmful way I can think of so you're in my town reads for now. Final-Fan's reaction I'm not sure about, I'm not entirely against his decision to vote for you since his vote was almost as much a part of getting things started as yours but some of his posts have rubbed me the wrong way, especially the one suggesting spurge could be a sibling and getting so hung up on the 2 scum thing.

I can see where Stefl is coming from but I don't think this setup will allow us to find a suitable Day One lynch since traditionnal methods of applying pressure can lead to disaster when you can't unvote.

As for the others, it's too soon to tell for me.

That is the thing why I keep my vote back. We are half-way to no-lynch already and I don't want somebody forgoing proper attention hammering no lynch, and I do not think all is done for day 1 either.

Darwinianevolution said:
Final-Fan said:

So, it seems that the general consensus here is the No lynch during the first day. With the exception of FF votin against hatmoza. Can you explain to us the reason for this vote (and if you have done so already, can you please link me to the post, please)?

Also, I made this question before and nobody answered me: What is the usual proportion of mafias compared to townies?

I hated his quick triple No Lynch vote. 

A normal ratio is about 3 to 1 as I recall.  This can be modified by strong or weak powers, third parties, etc. but this was adertised as a low power game so take that into consideration. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:

some of [Final-Fan's] posts have rubbed me the wrong way, especially the one suggesting spurge could be a sibling and getting so hung up on the 2 scum thing.

I was not making a serious suggestion; I was saying that sort of bullshit is the only reason I could imagine why he would think it was reasonable to suggest a 2 scum total in this town.  Since I do not at all consider what I suggested to spurge a serious possibility, I am strongly questioning what caused him to arrive at two as a plausible possibility, perhaps more plausible than three. 

How likely do you think it is that this town has only two anti-town players? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

some of [Final-Fan's] posts have rubbed me the wrong way, especially the one suggesting spurge could be a sibling and getting so hung up on the 2 scum thing.

I was not making a serious suggestion; I was saying that sort of bullshit is the only reason I could imagine why he would think it was reasonable to suggest a 2 scum total in this town.  Since I do not at all consider what I suggested to spurge a serious possibility, I am strongly questioning what caused him to arrive at two as a plausible possibility, perhaps more plausible than three. 

How likely do you think it is that this town has only two anti-town players? 

Very close to zero. In fact since we know this is a low power game, I'd bet on 3, no more, no less.

Signature goes here!

hatmoza said:

In my defense, I have a test tomorrow morning that I've been studying for all week. And I also have a full-time job with full-time school.