By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

Hynad said:
pokoko said:

What about it?  I'm not seeing your problem.  Not unless you're looking at an industry term from a completely consumer perspective.

The heck? Are you saying that Minecraft is a Sony first party game?

On the device that it was published on, yes.  I'm not understanding your problem.  A Microsoft Studios executive once referred to Dead Rising as a first party title.  

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Hynad said:

The heck? Are you saying that Minecraft is a Sony first party game?

On the device that it was published on, yes.  I'm not understanding your problem.  A Microsoft Studios executive once referred to Dead Rising as a first party title.  

Ok... I'm done here. Holy shit! xD

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Lol, if The Last Guardian can be considered a new franchise than so can Xenoblade Chronicles X. Until Dawn was made by Supermassive Games, Wild is made by Wild Sheep Studio, Bloodborne by From Software and Detroit by Quantic Dream (and it's more of the same really). Driveclub was just another racing game, they already have that genre covered with Gran Turismo. That's probably why they decided to close down Evolution Studios. The Order 1886 was made by Ready at Dawn and that game is considered a critical and commercial failure. Since then, Ready at Dawn no longer makes games exclusively for PS4. They seem to be stuck making virtual reality titles with a much more modest budget. 

As for Days Gone and Dreams, they are quite forgettable. Days Gone looks too similar to The Last of Us and I forgot Dreams was still in development. Haven't heard anything about that game since it got announced in 2015. 

It's so amazing how you can constantly just say false things. Where in The Last Guardian, do you see the word Ico? Or Shadow of the Colossus? Or where do you even see any indication that it's a sequel? Where do you see the same characters or any indication that the games are the same? It's amazing. Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a new franchise, because of Xenoblade Chronicles. LOL it's just amazing how someone actually has to explain that to you. 

What exactly does Supermassive Games making Until Dawn or Wild Sheep Studio making Wild etc have to do with anything? The Pokemon games are made by a 3rd party, Super Smash Bros games have been made by Bandai, I can go on and on.

And here's the part where you start to downplay Sony games, how many times has that been now?

The Last Guardian is a sequal... 

With what your saying, than Forza Horizon 3 is the same game as Forza Motorsport 6 because Forza is in its name when clearly there not. A name of a game doesn't mean anything

Azzanation said:
Ali_16x said:

It's so amazing how you can constantly just say false things. Where in The Last Guardian, do you see the word Ico? Or Shadow of the Colossus? Or where do you even see any indication that it's a sequel? Where do you see the same characters or any indication that the games are the same? It's amazing. Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a new franchise, because of Xenoblade Chronicles. LOL it's just amazing how someone actually has to explain that to you. 

What exactly does Supermassive Games making Until Dawn or Wild Sheep Studio making Wild etc have to do with anything? The Pokemon games are made by a 3rd party, Super Smash Bros games have been made by Bandai, I can go on and on.

And here's the part where you start to downplay Sony games, how many times has that been now?

With what your saying, than Forza Horizon 3 is the same game as Forza Motorsport 6 because Forza is in its name when clearly there not. A name of a game doesn't mean anything

No it isn't. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Plain and simple. 

And of course Horzion and Motorsport aren't the same game, but they're from the same IP. That's what we're talking about. Both are from the Forza franchise.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I love this thread. Keep going. Btw where is op now? I cant wait to read his/her response

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

So by your logic, The Last of Us is a sequel to Uncharted... 

Hynad said:
Alkibiádēs said:

All I said are facts that Sony didn't develop any of these games. My first post was clearly talking about games made by Sony, not just published. Otherwise Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch can be considered Nintendo franchises since they publish it outside of Japan. 

Most of Sony's studios are busy developing sequels to already established franchises, just like MS or Nintendo. That's not being negative or positive, but making a neutral observation. The way some Sony fans talk about Nintendo and MS only releasing the same games over and over again you'd think Sony makes nothing but new IPs all the time.

No, you dismiss plenty of Sony games because you think they're either similar to other games, critical or sales disappointment, or "just an other such" games. Despite not having played any of them. You should do the same with Nintendo and say most of their games are "just an other mascot/cartoon themed game". But you don't. You give them a free pass all the time, and dismiss anything from Sony because reasons.

If Nintendo made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing I'd be just as pissed as with Sony having two racing games. They have the kart genre covered with Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing is not needed. And yes, I don't think we need both Driveclub AND Gran Turismo, I'd rather have diversity. And I'm hardly the only one that thinks Days Gone looks incredibly similar to The Last of Us. 

Cartoon is an art-style and mascot games aren't a specific genre, so that's a weird analogy. Nathan Drake is as much of a mascot to Sony as Mario or Zelda are to Nintendo. That doesn't make Uncharted similar to Mario or Zelda. You could claim Nintendo doesn't have enough games with realistic graphics and make a decent point, but this topic is about gameplay, not graphics or art-style. There's a lot of variety between games with "cartoony" graphics anyway. Most of Nintendo's games are visually distinct from one and other, despite the fact that they're unrealistic.  

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have a bunch of games which aren't made by their first party owned studios so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The thread is very specific about the subject being games made by first parties... 

So... Maybe try to keep up?

Ratchet and Clank aren't first party games. Doesn't mean that they shouldn't be part of the discussion

Hynad said:
pokoko said:

Ok... I'm done here. Holy shit. xD

Yeah, I guess you are.  You seem like someone who thinks terms like "first-party" were made up by fans but that's just ignorance.  They weren't.  It's an industry term.  From a publisher's perspective, anything they hold rights to, they consider "first party".  No one can come along and publish Minecraft on the Vita, for example.  Do you know why?  Because Sony holds the rights via agreement.

I honestly don't know why this is difficult for you to understand.  Regardless, I'll pass on to Microsoft that you think you know more than they do about publishing.

When i first clicked on this thread i was thinking you were going to say they're the same because they hardly release new IPs and just keep pushing the same franchises out.