By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

It's being published by Sony.

And it's published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. Still doesn't make it a first party developed game, does it?

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have a bunch of games which aren't made by their first party owned studios so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
pokoko said:
Did I just stumble into an alternate reality where Quantum Break doesn't exist?

No.  Also the same reality where that wasn't made by MS' 1st party studios.

Neither was State of Decay, one of the games used as an example in the OP.  

Ali_16x said:
Hynad said:

And it's published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. Still doesn't make it a first party developed game, does it?

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have a bunch of games which aren't made by their first party owned studios so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The thread is very specific about the subject being games made by first parties... 

So... Maybe try to keep up?

Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

The thread is very specific about games made by first parties... 

Yes, and we consider games that are published by Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft to be 1st party.

LOl, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, it seems you just joined in.

Ali_16x said:
Hynad said:

The thread is very specific about games made by first parties... 

Yes, and we consider games that are published by Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft to be 1st party.

LOl, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, it seems you just joined in.

No. You consider them as being first party games. Nioh is published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. So is it a third party game in Japan, but a Sony first party game outside of Japan? How do you make sense of that? xD

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

No. You consider them as being first party games. Nioh is published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. So is it a third party game in Japan, but a Sony first party game outside of Japan? How do you make sense of that? xD

Obivously this is pointless and you come here telling me to "keep up" when I've been in this thread for a while and you've just joined, lool.

Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

The thread is very specific about the subject being games made by first parties... 

No it isn't.  Not at all, actually.  One of the two examples given by the OP is State of Decay, a game developed by a third party developer.  That means the subject is "first party games" and not "first party studios".

Ali_16x said:
Hynad said:

Obivously this is pointless and you come here telling me to "keep up" when I've been in this thread for a while and you've just joined, lool.

LOL! Is that all you've got for an answer to what I asked?

Quite telling.

pokoko said:
Hynad said:

No it isn't.  Not at all, actually.  One of the two examples given by the OP is State of Decay, a game developed by a third party developer.  That means the subject is "first party games" and not "first party studios".

From the way he worded his OP, it is obvious he mistook the game as being made by Microsoft. When you consider how he talks about "Nintendo games". And what you describe would fall under second party game, not first party.

But if I'm wrong on that, that still doesn't make sense of the Nioh situation I pointed out. ^__-

Its a reason i went with Switch next gen and PC/Xbox. I play games for games and keep my movie experience separate. Nothing wrong with movie experience games its just my preference. Halo Wars 2 is a good example on the types of games MS continue to make. MS might not have the variety of IPs as Nintendo or Sony but they definitely got a good variety of genres they use.